Texas

blkthndr

former sccoa webmaster
City Garage
Location - 240 W. Harwood Rd., Bedford, TX
Phone - 817.571.5700

Mechanic: Mike

Mike used to work for Ford and goes the extra mile. He diagnosed my ABS system for free after three hours of effort with testing kits & the Rotunda. I paid him with a six pack, anyway, he's knowledgeable and VERY helpful.

Submitted by: Pat saint@ticnet.com

Benbrook, TX

Marc's Muffler on 377 in Benbrook next door to Radio Shack just outside of Ft. Worth diagnosed everything I figured was wrong without me saying a word. They do heavy work and custom exhaust.

Don't ever go to Tx Motor's Ford in Ft. Worth. Never!

Last edited:
Houston to Huntsville, Kingwood to Brenham.

Me! LOL I'm a long time member of the SC community and a above average mechanic. Electronic engine control and drivability issues are my main focus at work although I know these cars inside and out and can perform any type of maintenance or performance modifications with ease. You won't find a more knowledgeable or careing SC mechanic for hundreds of miles around.

I am now best reached by email ManicV6Mechanic@hotmail.com

Vernon

Last edited:
AOD Rebuild $850

Burrows Transmission in Joshua, TX. just South of Ft. Worth on TX 174. 817-478-9752 talk to Robert Burrows. Will pull, complete rebuild, replace cast iron drum with steel for better 3rd shift, new torque converter, and metal bushing for the throtle position cable hook up for $850. They want the whole car to do the job right. Had my 89 done. Took all of one full day. 12 month 12k waranty. Asked for better shift points and got it. Good guys who do a little racing as well.

Last edited:
Best SC guys in Austin

Best place to take your SC in Austin, TX - Hands down - is JP Motorsports. Located at 1704 Benchmark, Austin, TX 78728. (512) 251-9999

They are mainly a racing shop specializing in high performance Fords (mostly Mustangs). They are the only place in town I would ever trust with my SC. They do get busy, so getting in is a little difficult (it's basically a two-man shop), but their prices are excellent, and quality of work is absolutely exceptional. Tad the main mechanic, knows SC's better than anyone in town and has worked on more of them than he cares to talk about. He's extremely to the point and won't sugar coat anything for you, but isn't that what all mechanics should be like?

Tell them Ryan sent you. They'll either give you a fantastic deal, or punch you in the face (depending on how recently they've had to skin their knuckles working on my SC).

Best place to take your SC in Austin, TX - Hands down - is JP Motorsports. Located at 1704 Benchmark, Austin, TX 78728. (512) 251-9999

They are mainly a racing shop specializing in high performance Fords (mostly Mustangs). They are the only place in town I would ever trust with my SC. They do get busy, so getting in is a little difficult (it's basically a two-man shop), but their prices are excellent, and quality of work is absolutely exceptional. Tad the main mechanic, knows SC's better than anyone in town and has worked on more of them than he cares to talk about. He's extremely to the point and won't sugar coat anything for you, but isn't that what all mechanics should be like?

Tell them Ryan sent you. They'll either give you a fantastic deal, or punch you in the face (depending on how recently they've had to skin their knuckles working on my SC).

i took your advice and went to Jason. he did a great job at a great price! hes pretty far north, but worth it. i'll be taking it back to him. Thanks for the referral!

Also another place central Austin is B&B performance on Ben White Blvd. we actually had a Supercoupe dyno run/get together there a few years back.

Dallas, Texas

Does anyone know there are SC experts in the Dallas Area? Preferably on the East side (not the Fort Worth side). I took my SC to Ford and just the run around. Basically, in my opinion, I got played.

I would prefer someone in the Dallas area with extended knowledge to look at my SC for me. I seen the post about Mechanic Mike, but Bedford is a ways from me.

Thanks

Back