Thread: poor gas mileage...13mpg...WHY??????

poor gas mileage...13mpg...WHY??????

i havea 90' SC with 86k. i am getting 13 mpg. can someone please tell me what the poo is going on with my car? is this normal mpg. i do like to play around but i don't redline it all the time and i don't boost much. thanks.

I had similar milage until recently i replaced my 02 sensors. After about a tank of gas, now it is what it used to be.

Check the O2s, the Air filter, the fuel filter, and the weight on the accelerator.

Around town & similar short distance driving, this is about normal. If you get around 30 on the highway, then you know its ok. These cars have significantly better highway mileage. I drove 130 miles the other day on a quarter tank, with 2 gallons to spare! But in town, I'm betting on 14 mpgs..

14 is still too low....

A good running sc in a proper state of tune (stock that is) should be getting around 18mpg in city driving. Stick or auto. Around 25mpg on the highway is normal too.

AOD avg is about 1mpg less than 5spd.

I've seen a low of 17 city and high of 29 hyw - low=AOD, HI=5spd.
    I agree with the suggestions.

I get 12-14 But I have a heavy foot and a extra sensitive down shift on the valve body. Plus bigger injectors, ported manifolds, no cats, open exhaust, intake, and lead Nikes.

Al