Good muffler shop in Illinois (burbs of Chi?)

Mike Manzo

Anyone know a GOOD exhaust shop to install my headers and install a couple stainless Magnaflow cats.

I would prefer to only buy the SCP headers and have the shop fab the connections to the cats and to the resonator.

Anyone know a good shop that wont rip me off.

Willing to travel within reason.

Also would like to have the tips cut off the mufflers and have chrome tips welded on.

Anyone help?

THANKS

mike im in naperville, just bought an 89 SC last friday will be taking her in soon to have performance exhaust put on. If i find a decent shop i'll keep ya posted.

I can point you at a decent place to get the mufflers...

Hey,

You can get a good price on the stainless mufflers from Magnaflow from www.promuffler.com. The shipping might be a bear, but if you like the sound and the look of the mufflers, then you may be able to use Promuffler.com as price leverage with the shop you are going to.

If you would like to hear the exhaust that I have, let me know and I'll come meet ya somewhere or when the TCCoA or Midwest Fords have another get-together, come swing by.

My exhaust:

Custom downtubes to 2 1/2 cats out to dual inlet 18" Magnaflow Stainless resonator out to single 3" outlet with a pipe all the way back behind the axle and then split into two 2 1/2 pipes to two Magnaflow stainless mufflers.

I think the sound is great and if you have the bucks, get the manifolds ported or buy some that are ported. Post on SCCoA or look for TBIRD88. He ports the hell out of stock manifolds, ceramic coats them and is a great guy to deal with.

I've done a lot with these cars and I must say that exhaust is the best way to start!

Back