Thread: MN12 IRS Bushing Installation

MN12 IRS Bushing Installation

Install upper IRS bushing with the GOLD " & " washer on top and bushing between the frame and differential. Then lubricated the center hole and small bushing with grease and insert the bushing half way into the differential. Then using the dowel insert it into the bushing and tap it with a hammer until the bushing and dowel are completely inserted. Install the bolt down through the upper bushing and center dowel. Then install the lower bushing & GOLD " washer. Finally, add thread sealer to the bolt threads and tighten to 30-40 ft lb MAX. Installation for the drivers side is the same. You may have to lower the cat-back part of the exhaust to get the socket between the exhaust and nut to remove it.

Please tell me this does not mean put the 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch washers on top, as in on top of the frame above the bushing where the bolt head is?

Does it mean 1/2 inch washer, 3/4 inch washer, then upper IRS bushing then lower bushing then the other 3/4 inch washer and then the nut?

Cuz if it't supposed to be the the second way( which I think it is then) DOHHHHHHHHHHHH....I phucked up last year when I put them in.
    Last edited by Les Borda; 03-24-2003 at 09:17 PM.

Hey Les,

I'm completely confused, but I followed this installation with no problemo's!

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12p...00_install.htm

Jim

I know Jim that's where I got the verbeage from that I posted.

What is confusing is where does the washer with the 1/2 inch hole go? Under the head of the bolt or under the frame with the 3/4 inch washer below that, then the upper bushing?

Damned! That's another part I need to buy and install!

...The list just never ends.

...But the bottom of the money pool seems to have no problem making itself evident?! Funny how that works, eh?!

Cheers,

Sean

Les,

Sorry about the slow reply, but I've been living at work (where are those infamous "Banker's Hours" bankers are supposed to have!!!). I thought I'd get home earlier tonight, but I'm still here.

I've got a floor jack at the house, and I'll try to stick my nose under there soon and let you know the order. I seem to remember instructions, but don't know if I have them.

Hang tight...

... alright, found my original instructions (Kenny Brown)

it says:

3) Lubricate & install the upper bushing with the washer with the smaller hole in it on top between the differential and frame rail;

4) Lubricate the small bushing and insert it halfway into the differential. Insert the metal sleeve and tap with the hammer until both are completely inserted. Install factory bolt into original location.

5) Lubricate and install the lower bushing and the washer with the larger hole;

6) Apply Locktite to bolt threads and tighten to 25-30 ft-lbs.

Hope this helps!