"MN12 Triple-Threat"

T

tbird88

"MN12 Triple-Threat"

3n1

One national meet per year in this big country of ours is never gonna slake the appetites of current MN12 enthusiasts, nor is it gonna expose very many *potential* enthusiasts to the rest of us. After all, wouldn't it be great to bring more owners into the fold? Face it, we just don't have the sheer numbers that Mustang owners have...so let's think about a different aproach. Maybe everyone might oughta think about splittin' up the chores.

I think they/we/you/me/us oughta pick out 2 groups of 3 cities & have 3 simultaneous meets on the same weekend.
Alternate each year. One year it can be LA, Chicago, & Seattle. The next year it can be Atlanta, NYC, & OKC. Can you imagine the buzz across the WWW as 3 areas of the country gear up for "the big show"?

Change is good. With travel habits the way they are in this day & time, I think this would actually bring the current enthusiasts closer together. It would also be a much better option for the guy that thinks he'll never get to go to "the big one".

Numbers? Don't really know, maybe(?) 200 MN12's spread across 3 shows compared to 50 at 1 show. It might catch the attention of magazines easier.

Can you even imagine the braggin' rights that would be up for grabs? Hey, the LA crowd could invite Carroll Shelby to the show, and raffle off chances for a trip around the parking lot/block in their cars with him drivin'. Chicago participants could volunteer their SC's to Bob Glidden for a burnout. If anyone besides me blew up my SC, I'd be proud to say it was the man himself. The Seattle bunch would probably blow everyone away with the sheer number of cars. The braggin' about who had the coolest/wildest guest would go on for weeks before & after all three took place.

3 shows, 1 big hoedown on the 'net & in the magazines.

Do you have Memorial weekend planned yet? If it doesn't conflict with other events, then how about it?
For mid-westerners, the WFC is May 17-19 and would make a great place to hand out those last-minute flyers. On the lower left coast, you could provide numerous Ford lovers at Knots Berry Farm with info on your upcoming meet. Anyone care to add?

"MN12 Triple-Threat"...has a nice ring to it, hmm?

'bird

89SC auto
southeast, Texas

Re: Whacha all think?

Yes I will
I LIKE IT
YES PLEASE?
oh I was thinking bout the "spanking part"
But the rest of it sounds good too!!!
I know this would be alot to throw at one person (Rob)
I also see this as a group meet so maybe a group effort
I would be willing to help any way I can (Kansas)
But maybe this could be pitched to the different area clubs?
I see the SCCOSW with alot of participation and many people to handle specific duties
the texas group
There is a strong core of SC's in St Louis also Chicago area Ohio new York and Florida canada eh?
Micheal albee just started the SCCoI (Iowa) alot of these people have contacts locally and do often and would prolly like to get a larger group together
Dunno maybe we should elect officers from our SC core to make some decisions for us all how often where ect ect
also maybe some type of revolving leadership also so one or two local people are not swamped every year 6 months every other year whatever
I do agree more coverage for our cars would be good
The more of us that work towards this goal the better
I give out a copy of info to every SC i see
BTW~~~ you should think of writing as a career everything you write is eloquent and to the point

Re: Very good tbird88.....

.....I agree with everything you had to say.I been saying it myself. Good luck trying to sell it to these guy's though!!!!
Kurt Sr
Try taking this to the other boards .....lets' see!

Re: Very good tbird88.....

I think it would be hard to have 3 simultaneous events, but I do agree that it should be in a different location yearly.

As for only 50 cars showing up to one location, I think that's a under-estimated number. Carlisle had more than 65 SC's last year and that doesn't even count other MN12's.

Kurt K

The Carlisle show you mentioned, was it Thunderbird/Cougar only...or are you talkin' about a regular show that draws a zillion cars of all makes ?

'bird

Re: "MN12 Triple-Threat"

I think it's a good Idea to have 3 different events and mix up the locations every year. I think it will draw more people in the long run. If the dates were spread through-out the summer, some people "could" go to more than one if they wanted to.

We could have one NATIONAL event every 4th year or so or even every year after we get the car counts up.

Just my thoughts!

Re: Kurt K

I'm talking about the All Ford Nationals in Carlisle. Yes, there are a ton of Fords. I wasn't trying to pick Carlisle as a possible location, I was just saying that 50+ cars should be a piece of cake for an MN12 National event. The only problem with attendance would be people who travel 15+ hours to go to Carlisle; they probably won't be able to make a national event unless it was closer to their house. Unless I'm stuck working, I will make the MN12 Nationals and Carlisle (which is 15 hours for me).

Re: Kurt K

Yes but some people couldn't make the national's we did kurt...
Some it was too far
Some were worried about the car making it
And I also remember that there was 2 events at the same time
the same time we were all in OKC for the nationals they had a meet in OHIO right? or somewhere
SAME WEEKEND SAME TIME SAME DATE
Am I mistaken?
Some people did not even make these 2 events far far away from each other
We would just need 2-3 local people to make a simultaneous show happen
I Have been to several MINI meets (SOME YOURS KURT)
that have drawn what maybe 13-15 cars? from 3-4 STATES
If that many show up to a ONE DAY event I am sure we could get as many to show as OKC
maybe even at 2 seperate events

How about this?

How about we split the nation up into three sections, West, Central and East? Each year we alternate between the regions. Since last year was in OKC, the Central part, the next meet would be in the West or East. Each year we rotate the regions and then vote on the city in that region to hold the event.

I understand that people from each region would not be able to come, such as, people from the East would probably not go to the event in the West. But remember, by rotating regions the event will be held somewhere in your region giving you an opportunity to attend. This will not appease everyone but it could be a fair solution with a common understanding. Kind of like, "dinner at my house this week and dinner at your house next week".

Everyone could vote on where to draw the lines for splitting up the nation.

national meet

it is a good idea but some guys could attend more then one. but if they are at the same time it would be hard to go to them. i think it should be in a central location like st. louis or chicago or indy
the is what i think

Great Idea

I love it especially the part about a huge meet in the seattle area!! And I would be glad to help whoever out in any way I can to get it going.

Why simultaneous?

Give the guys who wish to travel the option to make it to more than 1.

Re: .

Not sure I understand your point. My original idea was to give many people an opportunity that they otherwise might not get. I live in Texas & a 600 mile round trip to Dallas or Austin is really not that big of a deal for me. Given the size of Texas & the major hubs being spread out, most of us are used to traveling distances to go to events.

On one hand, I can understand some in other states that don't want to have to go over 100 miles one way to a show because that's what they're used to. But then again there's times I think they don't know what they're missin'.

I used to drive a truck, covered 28 states. Met a guy in Jersey that was 35 years old & never been more than 50 miles from home in his life. I felt sorry for him but still understood because that's just the way it is in that area. They just never have the 'need' to go far to do something.

Guess what I was getting at in my first post (and still am) is that the somebody in Florida or New Orleans needs a meet in Atlanta. The guy in Tulsa or Birmingham needs a meet in MeMphis. If meets are in only 1 city per year, some might hafta wait several years before even getting half a chance to attend one.

2 or 3 simultaneous meets a year is still a neat option, especially for the reasons mentioned in my 1st post. Pre-show hype, braggin' rights, internet activity, etc.

One day a year with SC's/XR7's in the spotlight, but not just because of a one-shot deal in one city. Again, Carlisle is great but it's still a general Ford show...and because of the distance (1500+) I can just about guarantee I'll never be there.

'bird

Re: .

I gotta agree about 3 meets. All of us are getting miles on these birds. I personally don't want to run up more on a long trip. I like the torque in the city traffic and on the race track, not on the open road.
franklin@cowtown.net

Back