how fast????

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off......

look if you guy learn to read , i told you of the mods i know of there is a lot more done to this car an i'm trying to find out what they are. even tho i don't know much about what my car has i do know what i did "and yes it was a 2k vette" . this vette i beat belongs to a friend of mine an just for the fun of it i ask him to race me..........i did'nt expect to win "up to 145mph"an he was kinda pissed off when i did. but like i also said he flew past me after that. so lets just say that i beat it at the 1/4 mile because of this......

i don't care what you guys think you know , because you only know about your own cars not mine THANK YOU! everyone seem to know a lot of ***** about t-birds an i'll give you guys that.....

also got the 1/4 sheets for a 2k vette and you will see it's 1/4 mile run is 12.6 time down the track........thats all i have to say about this.....

i'm more interested in hooking up my sound system . don't tell me who made what or how much you know about what i have i just want help on if sony eXplodes are any good an does anyone know anybody with it? have they heard how they sound in a car? stuff like that , nothing else!!!!!!!!

oh i see, so now the truth tries to come out. so the 2K vette runs a 12.6, and your bird runs at best with your lack of mods maybe a 14.5 and that's with a rocket in its ***. So there's no way you beat a 2K vette, there's no way you beat it off the line, there's no way you beat it in a quarter, and i guess that the chances of this event you discribe actually taking place is not even equal to the chance a snowball has surviving in hell.

(Language edits by moderator.)

So 10second SC LTD, what your saying is that you own a 12.6 second or faster SC? And you only paid $2000? Come on, thats not even close to realistic. We all noticed that you dont know much about your car. But do you have any idea what it cost to get our birds into the 12's? So do you think you could hang with Dave Neibert? I dont mean to be so rude but, you should really go to a track and get a big dose of reality. I would give up my left nut if you even got anywhere near 13 seconds. With your lack of car knowledge, and probally driving skills, I would bet that you would do no better than 15 seconds. Sorry to be blunt, but come on, this is not a honda forum. Were not gonna believe that some kid that has a "ltd" supercoupe is even keeping up with a vette that does 12.6. If you really beleive that your car is that fast, then you should be looking for a viper for your next kill.

On the Sony explodes, they are about the same as any other entry level speaker out there. Have you looksed at the specs? That will tell you worlds of information. As you should know everyone has their favorite speakers. In reality none of them are really that different until you start dropping some serious coin. Like JBL GTI series, JL's W6's, Soundstream SPL's, Boston's high line, and the like so it's your choice.

Jeff

Sorry but I just gotta point this out.

You said you are more interested in your sound system than you are about how fast your car is.... yet the topic of this thread is "how fast?"

I'm just pouring gas on the fire. Don't take it personal. Those that know me know I'm a smart-***.

Wait a minute.... did you buy your SC from a guy named Neil Frisbee? :D

The Vette might have a timeslip of 12.6 , but if you beat him in same 1/4 stretch i would have to agree with David Niebert , the vette was not racing you and must have been taking in the sights instead. You can't figure out what mods your car has ?? Well it should be obvious with your low 12 second car (???) Is your intake stock ? Do you have a nice shiny pipe leading to your Throttle body ? A big conical air filter at the end ,obviously oversized MAF , obviously oversized and shiny throttle body and plenum, An obviously bigger (raised ) supercharger top ? A double intercooler instead of the stocker, Oversized IC tubes ( hint, they won't say "supercharged" on them if they have been replaced. Do you have an EEC tuner ? so you can dial up the "rocket car " setting ? Does your SC pulley start with an F part number ? Is this even a Ford engine , or is it a stage II racing engine that someone dropped into the car and along with all these other mods i mentioned, spent around 15 grand on the engine and tranny alone and then had the graciousness to forget about all that money and sweat in the car and sell it to you for 2 grand.
It is well documented what it takes to get our cars to run in the 13's, Your car is no different.

why yes i did........

this thread did start out as how fast . but now with everyone knowing what my car has or does'nt have , an all you guys have driven in my car so you would all know what my driving skills are as well as knowing weather or not i beat a vette. and everyone say this an that about something they know nothing about"my car that is!". you people are really good if you think you know my car from a bunch of stuff said here. why i think i'll take on a countach now. rotfl lmfao :)) :)) an no i'm not saying your right or wrong, but if you would like to put your money where you mouth is , then bring it. thats how sure i know my car beat a 2k vette. an don't bring chump change , lets talk pinks!!!! so you can walk you dumb/a/s/s back to where you came from...............as for you "jsc" the vette is in car & driver as a 12.6 1/4 mile car stock...
so now i've become less interested in how fast my car is to anyone but myself......and now would like to know about sound systems instead, because speed is not what i enjoy about my t-bird. it's the thrill of owning one thats got me hyped. what every anyone has said about a car you've never even seen in person and has been told by some one who knows nothing about cars that way "i'm the one not know about my cars mods/upgrades not you guys". you'll have to excuse me but who is the one now thats talking like there all-knowing, when like i said you know nothing about what my car has.......thats all for now!!!

Scott Long said:
Sorry but I just gotta point this out.

You said you are more interested in your sound system than you are about how fast your car is.... yet the topic of this thread is "how fast?"

I'm just pouring gas on the fire. Don't take it personal. Those that know me know I'm a smart-***.

Wait a minute.... did you buy your SC from a guy named Neil Frisbee? :D

Anyone ever seen someone race a fast car like they don't know the first thing about how to race? I have. Just because he may have smoked a 2000 Vette doesn't mean either one of them ran a 14. When I race my brother in his modded LS1 Z28 against my SC he pulls half a length on me in each gear, but when his girlfriend drives it I can smoke her in my little ole V6 Mustang, and she's trying!

By the way, 10secondLTDSC I wish you lived closer. I could use a free SC (race for pinks offer).

Vernon

Last edited:
let me rephrase..........

only against another sc will i race for pinks, just to show all in this sc forum who's who. an who can hang!

Vernon said:
Anyone ever seen someone race a fast car like they don't know the first thing about how to race? I have. Just because he may have smoked a 2000 Vette doesn't mean either one of them ran a 14. When I race my brother in his modded LS1 Z28 against my SC he pulls half a length on me in each gear, but when his girlfriend drives it I can smoke her in my little ole V6 Mustang, and she's trying!

By the way, 10secondLTDSC I wish you lived closer. I could use a free SC (race for pinks offer).

Vernon

I'm really not trying to be a smart a$$, but which one of my SCs do you want to race for pinks?

Vernon

For someone who keeps telling others to read more carefully you sure seem to be missing a lot of info that's on your computer screen. Look back at my post you quoted, I said when I race my -------SC-------- against my brother... Also look to your left, under the word Vernon, that's my name. Under it you'll see my location, after the word Location:. TEXAS BABY!

Why you wanna drive down and give me a car? If so I'll buy you a one way ticket, Grey Hound, back to Jersy.

Vernon

TALK ABOUT SOMEONE NOT READING , I SAID : to race them here where i am so i could send them home without there car!
Vernon said:
For someone who keeps telling others to read more carefully you sure seem to be missing a lot of info that's on your computer screen. Look back at my post you quoted, I said when I race my -------SC-------- against my brother... Also look to your left, under the word Vernon, that's my name. Under it you'll see my location, after the word Location:. TEXAS BABY!

Why you wanna drive down and give me a car? If so I'll buy you a one way ticket, Grey Hound, back to Jersy.

Vernon

Before this goes any further Jersy, if you go back to my first post and reread it carefully you might realize that I was defending you. I made the arguement that you might have actually beat a newer Vette because your buddy might not be that much of a driver.

(Edited by moderator)

Stick to putting more old audio equipment into the car, that seems to be the only thing you might be good at.

Don't argue with me about how fast your "I don't know much about it" SC is. Also don't argue with Jeff Garza about anything, especially when it is electronics related. Also don't argue with Dave Niebert about anything, especially if it's SC power levels related. Also don't argue with Scott Long about anything, especially if it's putting speakers into an SC related.

In fact, just try to be a great deal more attentive and a lot less offensive.

The end of my involement in this post even though I see my New Mail button has turned Green and you have probably made your ridiculous opinon known again. I don't care.

Vernon

your losing it man

a 2000 vette was obviously not trying a 2000 vette is capable of very low 13s high high 12s without even having a kn filter, and once they hit 50mph he would pull so hard it would be like your car wasnt moving, these cars will trap 110mph in the quarter !!!

WHAT EVER!!!

I DON'T REALLY CARE , YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CAR I HAVE EXCEPT THAT IT'S A SC WITH THE MODS I HAVE TOLD YOU!DON'T CARE DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD THAT ARE COMMING OUTTA MY MOUTH! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!

Take it to Englishtown and run it, then you can talk ****.

If you come to Carlisle and I make it we'll run. I don't know if I want to run for pinks, its not that I'm scared, I'd just feel bad cuz I don't really have the room in my driveway for a 3rd SC :D

You remind me of the ricers in the town I work in. Now that spring is here they are all getting their integra's and civics back out of storage and come into my store talking all kinds of smack. So I have a few races set up now, and I even told them I won't race for anything less than $50 because I'm gonna waste a lot of premium schooling them. Its funny when I hear them say "well I just got a new AEM intake and an HKS exhaust, short throw shifter, and adjustable cam gears, when the VTEC opens up you're *** is toast". I'll straight tell them "that stuff's not gonna help you" but they don't seem to heed my warnings so then I don't feel bad educating them to domestic performance at their expense.

It seems like 10sec has the ricer mentality. Chill out bro, on the street you might have beaten the vette. Sure looking at numbers he puts down much more hp and torque, weighs less, and traps at higher speeds but I'll give you this one. On the street anything can happen. Maybe it was a 6-speed and the computer activated CAGS aka skip shift. Then you might beat him.

I raced a WS6 T/A on the street and beat him. I didn't want to race him but my friend (ryan gatesman 93 SC) kept telling me to run the guy. I was surprised when I beat him from two stop lights up to 70 mph. Looking at the numbers only he should have walked all over my car. This was when my car was mostly stock (intake, cone filter, removed cats, still had the 2.73:1 gears).

I'll tell you this much if you want to race me, my car is not stock, but I forget which mods I happen to have :D :D :D

Over!

Seems to me that this thread has run it course and the participants "don't care anymore", so consider the whole thing closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back