Who's going to the MN-12 Nationals?

M

Mandis Tbird

Who's going to the MN-12 Nationals?

Hi everyone! Just wondering who was going to the MN-12 Nationals and where was everyone driving from? Also, this will be my first time going, so for you guys that went last year, what do I have to expect?

Mandi =0)
Torrance, Cali
3.8 '97 Ford T-Bird

what to expect

well last year was or first stab at the nationals, and it was a big success. The only problem that we had with the first meet was that we had some events planned at the same time, but other than that it was a blast.

This year the Nationals will start off Friday with a dyno session for those that sign up for it, and is sponsored by MN-12 Perofrmance.com. Rich Thompson will be introducing the EEC tuner for the 4.6 MN-12's during this meet. Trophies will be giving to those with the highest HP & TQ.

There will available track time on Friday evening for those that want to get some practice in for Saturdays Drag race event. After the dyno session there will be time allowed for everyone to go grab dinner, then return to mingle and talk about cars, or hang out pool side.

Saturday will be an all day drag race sponsored by Magnum Powers, with a burnout contest inbetween time trials and elims. last year the dragrace event was held at the same time the dyno was. so ho[pefully this year there will be a bigger turn out at the drag race, as well as lower times! Last year we had about 8 cars in the burnout contest, and hopefully more this year since MN-12 Performance.com is putting up a set of drag radials for the best burnout! There will be trophies and a small cash payout for the top three in each class setup.

After the drag race event, we will hopefully have are banquet. Where dinner will be provided, as well as a Q&A for the sponsors, and a possible expert panel. The raffle will take lace at this time as well, and if it is anything like last year, it will be one of the best parts of the Nationals. There are already close to $2000 worht of performance parts up for raffle with more to follow as time goes on. After th banquet it is off to the hotel for mingling and pool side activites.

Sunday will bring on the car show. There will be trophies available to the different classes, there should be around 15 trophies available. The judging will be done hopefully by the sponsors, and the volunteer staff of the Nationals. After the presentation of the awards, around noon time, the meet will mostly be over, allowing those loike you enough time to get home by Monday night hopefully! Ther will be more drag time available at the track on sunday for those that are interested.

On one of those nights there will be a cruise setup for about a 20-30 mile drive.

There is still a possible road race at the new Tire Rack facility just a few minutes from the hotel.

I think that is it. I don't think anyone that comes will be disappointed, and as the years go on this event will get bigger and better!

Re: what to expect--GREAT!!!

It sounds great! Very much looking forward to this!

Mandi =0)
Torrance, Cali
3.8 '97 T-Bird

Re: Who's going to the MN-12 Nationals?

I am planning on being there! Right now I am in the process of setting my car up for the race. I am hoping to get a 12 second
run out of it. I am still debating what for gears I am going to have in it yet. I am coming from Pa so I doent want to go too low. Well I hope to see you all there!!
Mike
teal 94 SC

I wouls say either 3.55's or 3.27's if you are a 5 spd, otherwise 3.73's for auto. Hope you do make it in the 12's!

Hey Mandi, do you have any pics of your bird.

Thomas

Re: =0(

No, sorry I don't. I don't have a scanner..I need someone to take a picture of it and post it for me. lol

Mandi =0)
Torrance, Cali
3.8 '97 T-bird

HEY

MANDI-
Hey girl! Well looks like we will get to meet @ MN12 Nats!!! I will take some pics of your car there for you...I know its a little ways away but guess you will have to wait till then for pics unless you find someone before then.
Hey-I wonder if we will be the only TBird Girls there? ;)

Re: HEY YOU =0)

Hey girlie. We might just be the only tbird girls there. =0) We will finally get to meet too! Woo-hoo!!! Its been over a year since we have chatted with each other. Yes, please take some pics of my car---it's such a pain to not have a scanner. Did you reserve your room yet? Ask for a room by me--email me and I will give you all my info. Chat with you soon. =0)

Mandi =0)

Back