Thread: I need a PS pump pulley FAST!

V6Sprout Guest

I need a PS pump pulley FAST!

Hey guys, I installed my PS pump pulley last week only to find out it was slightly warped, the engine orginally came from a roll over. Race day is one week away and I need apulley real fast. Does anyone have one available? I will be checking with Morana tomorrow when I go up to see him to get a buddy's engine.

Email me if you can help out.

v6sprout@hotmail.com

Bill A McNeil Guest

Re: I need a PS pump pulley FAST!

Jamie,

Didn't Sean have one of these?

I'm am sure Morana has one.

V6Sprout Guest

I already checked with Sean and Sabby. The one Sean had was bent up too. I am pretty sure I saw one at Morana's but not sure, I will check tomorrow but just in case thats why I posted here to see if anyone else had one.

ryan a harris Guest

Jaime I'll pull the one off my '90 for on sunday.

I can give it to someone at the next meet on wed. or we could arrange a drop off somewher, I live in oakville, your in st.cats(right)

The car is not running now so could use until you locate one.

uniqueredsc Guest

got one!

Jaime,
    Got one here in Vancouver.Let me know if u still nee it.Drop me an e-mail.Later.

Miles

ryan a harris Guest

Re: got one!

Jaime,
    I'm going right now to crappy tire to rent the pulley puller, If it's in I be dropping it off Seans tonight, if you need that one then use it, if you got one from else where then thats cool too.

Thanks Ryan, and Uniqueredsc, I was up at Morana's on Saturday and grabbed one from one of his engines. I think its a little warped too, very slightly but not nearly as bad as mine was. I got the pulley installed today so we will see how it works out, if its no good or is too warped I'll let you guys know, thanks for the quick responses.

I am working feverishly to get this motor running for Friday.

Got my battery kit mounted in the trunk tonight and fuel pump went in the other night. I got some mandrel bend pipe from Morana as well but its 3 inch, a little big but I will have to make it work for now until I can get some 2 1/2 mandrel bend tubes. I should have ordered them from Summit when I got my battery kit.

I gotta figure out where to mount my kill switch for the battery in the trunk still and extend some wires, but its basically almost ready to go.

PS Pump Pulley

Jamie,

Ryan swung by my place Saturday evening and dropped of the PS pump pulley off his '90 SC. The center is damaged slightly from the tool slipping off when Ryan tried to remove it, but it looks straight.

Ryan was also kind enought to deliver Ed's old stock 70mm MAF for me to use for the race this Friday. Thanks to both Ryan and Ed.

Jamie, is there any distinct plan for the cruise to St. Thomas this Friday? I know you mentioned before that we could meet at the foot of Centennial Parkway in Stoney Creek, but I was wondering if you might be flexible on that?! I thought it might be better to meet at the Tim's at the Meadowlands in Ancaster, just off the 403 on the escarpment. Is Ron D. going to be with you? This would also provide a good meeting place for the other guys making the trip in from the Toronto area. It might be nice to cruise with a long line of vehicles out to St. Thomas!

Anyway, LMK what you want to do about the pulley and the meeting place. How close is your car to being done? Do you still need to use that spare coolant reservoir that I have? What else might you need?

Best regards,

Sounds like the pulley I got from Morana, the pulley puller kept slipping off and damaged the center a bit as well, I had to use a torch to heat up the pulley slightly to get it loose so the puller would work. That may be why its slightly slightly warped. Anyways, the one I got now should work but I may need the one you have, I'll see how the car runs with this one first.

Yes, I do need the coolant overflow bottle, gonna see if I can get it to work.

As for meeting in Ancaster, sounds like a good idea, much better then centennial for sure, I think there are a few toronto guys that want to meet up as well.

I have a guy coming down to my house Thursday to do some tuning on my car to help get it running decent enough to bring it, hopefully it will run ok, when can I get the overflow bottle off ya? I am dropping in Milan's 4.2 Tuesday night if you free to come down and lend a hand, we could use all the help we can get right now to get both cars up and running.