Just got my Lowering Springs.

layinthesmack31

Hey guys
I just got my lowering springs today and i was wondering how hard these are to put on and what needs to be done? i got a quote of 200 from a local shop and i was wondering if i could possible do them myself or at least do the front or back depending on which is easier. Please any help on this would be greatly appreciated as always. i have never done springs before and i was just curious if i should just pay the 200 or possible do part myself and pay for the rest. well thanks again
Matt

spring install

You will need to buy/rent a strut compressor tool. With that you will be able to get the old springs out and the new ones in. The rest is just a matter of taking apart the suspension and putting it back together with new springs.

is there any way to explain to me how to do that? like i said i have never done springs before and am not exactly sure what i have to do. thanks
Matt

i took the struts off the car and brought them to a local shop to change the springs, then i just put them on. i would try to get some new sruts and put your new springs on those. that should make for an easy job.
joe

make sure you align the front and back tires after and get the before(just so you can see what they did, if they dont have a fit) and after specs when they adjust it.

Back