I know ur sick of exhaust threads...but

joew623

Ok...my neighbor has a 02 Mustang GT with no cats, an X-pipe, and flowmasters....it sounds sooooooo good and it shakes my entire house... I took my SC to a local exhaust shop and asked him if i could get mine to sound like that and he said that he would cut off my cats, put a hooker muffler where the resinator is and cut the mufflers off the end and it would sound similar...for 250 bucks... I searched through like 9 pages of threads and havent really seen anything about true duals with no converters and an xpipe and flowmasters sound like on an SC...I see alot of people with a dual in dual out xpipe magniflow resinator and no mufflers...does that sound like a gt?? and i dont think ive heard a working sound clip out of all these threads...lol The cylinder size in the SCs is about the same as the GT so i would think it could sound the same....3.8 divided by 6 is bigger than 4.6 divided by 8...

It would sound horrible in my opinion. Too lound and the resonance inside the cab would be deafening. We need the extra muffs and a res to get rid of the bees in a coffee can sound. Closest you can probably get would be flow res and flow muffs for that kind of sound.

i use the flowmaster force 2 kit from jegs, with no cats, no resonator and it sounds good. i get complements all the time.
they say, what do you got in that thing a 5oh? lol.
joe

Wow, I guess I am just too old for that. I had just flows (40 series and not Delta Flow) no cats, no res and it lasted two weeks. I hated it, I used to have to yawn in my car all the time because the resonance was soooooooo bad that my ears kept popping.

A v-6 has such a different power cycle from a v-8 that it is almost impossible to get it to sound the same. you can make it as loud but not get that deep throaty sound from a V-8.

The key that it seems the guys with more money have found is that it's the muffler that has the biggest impact on the quality of the sound. A well designed X-pipe plus the longest muffler you can fit will work best. The shorter mufflers without a resonator tend towards a resonance that just doesn't sound great.

Now there are some that have gotten loud and are happy without mufflers, but most of those use a resonator of some sort.

no cats 1 longtube muffler for a res 2 turbo mufflers(I think) all running through 2.5"piping with 3" exhaust tips the car sounds really good I get alot of compliments on it and it doesn't sound bad in the car thats what stereos are for:p
actually the exhaust note improved greatly with the addition of the 3"stainless tips

what about putting on the flowmaster resinator....no cats....and like 40 series mufflers? would it sound like a 5.0? and does the flowmaster resinator flow well??

Back