Stupid question but....

02_3.0_Edge

can traction control be turned off in thunderbirds and in what years did they come in, was this standard or an option? I am looking around for a thunderbird and just want to make sure it can be turned off. I dislike traction control after I was pulling out of the driveway in our 02 GT and spun the tires a bit in the gravel as I was pulling out. TC cut the power and put on brakes as I was trying to turn infront of someone and just about got hit as the car rolled out in street with no power. After that I always turn it off. Thanks :)

Are you looking for a Thunderbird N/A or an SC ? SC's (89-95) have Ride control (auto or firm) which is a shock absorber control but no traction control per say. personally , my car gets out of the way of anything and out in front of most everything :D

Happy searching

A SC, I thought I saw one for sale here that said it had traction control and it was listed in a used car book I have, must be only on V8's or something, Thanks for the info.

i dont know about the sc on the 94-95 year...but 94 and later LX cars have TC...not sure about the v6s but the later year v8s do have it...i know that the 96-98 lx v8 do have it for sure...

94-95 Supercoupes with the auto were the only supercoupes with traction control. They come with an open diff, no traction lock. You can disable the traction control via the switch on the dash in front of the shifter. You could also swap out the open diff for a traction lock.

Jeff

94-95 Supercoupes with the auto were the only supercoupes with traction control. They come with an open diff, no traction lock. You can disable the traction control via the switch on the dash in front of the shifter. You could also swap out the open diff for a traction lock.

Jeff

According to my 95 brochure it was optional on the 5spd. If your seller has no window sticker i suggest a Marti report

Back