35th anniversary bird price?

Tony8470

i going to look at a 35th anniversary 'bird with 32,000 miles on it with auto tranny tomorrow and the guy wants 7000 for it. he says its in good condition except for the seat is a little worn. He said it was appraised for 9-15,000 which I found hard to believe. I was wondering what you guys think this car is worth?

i would pay 7000. 32k? maybe you can talk him down, but if not you better snatch that. there can't be many 35th's out there with 32k on the clock.
joe

tell me about it, im pumped but I dont want to get ripped off. i found #1 of the 3 thousandsomething produced on autotrader.com for 15,000. it was nice, but out of my range.

Tony, this sort of thing is always a dilemna. Been thinking about this one and I have to agree with Joe for sure. IF the worn seat is all there is wrong with it and it's 32k on the clock, I would pay $7000 for it if I were looking. This is just my uncertified opinion. Too many times, you have to drive a long way to get a car like this. I got lucky with mine and it was 150 miles away at a good price. The drivers seats were the usual junk but will soon be remedied. Just this summer the dash cracked on me. High mileage but doing great. This one sounds like a nice one. Especially over the long term, I don't see where you could get burned.

I wish you luck.

Have a great week.

sound's fishy to me

If it only has 32,000miles on it,why is the seat worn?Just my .02.

luznit, that's a good point.

I may be about to pull a Charlie Brown here but warning. I just went to the autotrader and looked around. There are quite a few 35th's there. I came across one that said the first $7000 takes it and it's under 32k miles. I looked at the picture. It does not have the black rims and center caps and the hood looks aftermarket. It would definitely be worth getting as much information about the car as possible before making the decision. Sorry if I led you astray but this may be a different car too. Don't know for sure.

Here's the link to that one on autotrader.
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/...dvanced=n&start_year=1990&color=&cardist=1034

Hope the link works.

Again good luck to you,

Last edited:
yep, that was the car, and that didnt even come across my mind, im about to leave in 5 minutes to check the car out. Ill be sure to ask him where the original rims are at. Ill let you guys know whats up when I get back.

I got my 35th Thunderbird 5-speed for 3,500. It came with 130,000 miles on the motor. It might have an after market TB, i found it to be 65mm. It had all new black leather upholstry, 4 new speakers (pretty good quality) a nice new deck which was 300 bucks. A beautiful paint job, was accctually painted twice so it looks very, very nice. A rebuilt transmission and a "performance" clutch. He took off 500 bucks for me since i'm pretty good friends with this guy. It did come with a supercharger leak which i'm rebuilding myself, i'm getting a new radiator for it, had a power steering leak which i just finished fixing. I'm putting new spark plugs on it with wires. This car is probably going to cost me a total of 4,000 but its one beautiful machine:) Just felt like showing off my car.

Sergio

well I just got back from taking a look at it, other than a crack on the inside and a couple of scuff marks on the outside the paint was perfect and the suede was in desperate need of a cleaning (i hope thats all). One thing though, the firm ride indicator kept flashing on and off even if the firm ride was turned on or off. I'd be cruising along at 30 mph and it still kept flashing on and off, not rythmically but in random flashes. I hope its just some relay or something. And it sounded like it needed new bushings too. But my main concern is the firm ride indicator for now.

If you go over bumps, turn sharply, brake hard, or go over a certain speed the firm ride will come on. That could've bin what the flashing was.

i found #1 of the 3 thousandsomething produced on autotrader.com for 15,000.

I saw that to, and it got me to wondering. If our cars are not numbered how does he have #1. It would be nice if Ford would have actually numbered the cars, which I think would have added to the value some. I just don't see how his car is #1.

Regarding the #1 35th Anniversary car, I found the article in the chargin thunder newsletter by Luke Ober describing how he came to have car #1. The information given in the Autotrader ad mentions the name Luke so this may be that very car. As for how it can be determined that it's the first 35th Anniversary Thunderbird, I guess Luke will have to answer that one. He has had the car apparently for quite some time. From the article, I am sure he can document the car. Just wish he'd tell me. LOL. It says family illness forces sale so I offer my thoughts to Luke and his family. Have an ill mother living with me so I know the feeling. Anyway hope this helps.

i was just thinking today, he said he got the valve cover gaskets done when he owned it (between 25-32,000 miles) and I found a cougar sc with 60k that needs it done. with this pretty big mileage difference I was wondering if this is something that would be caused by excessive abuse on the engine?

It's your choice

Price is always relative. A 35th is not all that rare where I am, So. Cal, as we have five in our Chapter alone. Seven grand seems pretty high and would have to have everything that came with the 35th (the keys, books, car cover, etc.) including the black wheels. The seats are known to crack as they are pig skin. the gaskets also are known to leak and is not indicative of abusive.
So price is like art....it is in the eye of the beholder. For that kind of m oney the car should be in fanastic, almost show-like quality.

Well, looks like im getting that bird tomorrow, assuming there are no surprise stipends, but damn i cant wait. ill post pics when i get em with it next to my POS cougar 3.8 n/a

35th Anniversary's are numbered

My cousin had a 35th Ann. back in the day, and he showed me a sticker on the arm of the trunk, it was on the bottom side of it, i believe it was the arm on the passenger side, and it was numbered like 3,200/5,500, dont remember what his exact number was, but it did appear to be a production number, and ive never seen it on anything but the Anniversaries... You guys that have Anniversary's, let me know if this is the case with your cars.

actually thats just the code for the keyless entry being 5 digits. Its on both my mn-12's. the right arm of the trunk.:D

Back