Thunderbird tubular k-member

Big thing is that you take 125lbs off of the front of the car, Traction would be much better so you may gain .2. But handling would be much better, that would probably put the front/rear balance at 50/50 easily and the suspension you could put in it then would be awesome. Add some coil over mounts for the rear and 1G on the pad would be simple at that point.

Last edited:
Geesh Aaron.....

I thought I was just about finished, and then you wave 1G in my face! :D

Yeah, yeah - I'm drooling at the thought. :p

Lee

You'll never be finished, accept it now and the days to come will be easier. If you can do it yourself, and want to, it can probably be done for around $2,000. Coil overs are they way to go for a true road race suspension. Infinately adjustable, and easily adjustable at that.

The thought of that (1G) is what is keeping me interested in this topic also. I would be very interested if this were somewhat affordable.

-Steve

K-MEMBER PRICE
---------------steel..........4130
k-member $489......... $599..
a-arm------$449 ..........$529.
brakes-----$1649.
struts-------
rack--------$597.
turn around time 3 weeks:p
this set up is for coil overs,sorry forgot the price.

Last edited:
Guys..I stated it before.....I'ts most likely for fox bodied tbirds and cougars..Dont get your hopes up to high..I think someone jumped the gun on this one

Last edited:
I will talk to the fabricator about making these for use with stock arms, and see about having tubular arms made as well, we'll see what he thinks.

what about

maybe...sub frame connectors as well ..I'd be really interested if I could solid weld...the front K member and rear IRS sub frame together ...and not gain that much weight ...

Last edited:
Re: what about

MercsSC said:
maybe...sub frame connectors as well ..I'd be really interested if I could solid weld...the front K member and rear IRS sub frame together ...and not gain that much weight ...

I may just be able to arrange that too. :)

As for the tubular-k's they will be made out of DOM tubing, which undergoes the same process as Chrome Moly when made. The steel comes from Sharon Steel in Pennsylvania. It has a 0.120 wall thickness as compared to the 0.090 wall thickness of other metals. They use top grade stuff here so no worries about durability and stuff. These K's will be top quality.

We are starting to work on a prototype k and will go from there on the production of more k members. I also mentioned the idea of tubular arms and that can be dealt with after the k-member is finished. We are gonna attempt to make these K's utilize stock suspension parts like a-arms and springs. The tubular k's for the mustangs can do this so we don't see a problem with the t-birds as well.

Most likely I will not be the one selling these k-members though, I am just getting things started here. The pricing will be worth while though I can tell you that. We have no base price as of yet as we are waiting on the prototype to determine a price, but it will be a good deal I can assure you that.

Saty tuned for more info.

Did anyone call them?

I did around 4:56pm today. The K-member is for our t-birds. It will drop our birds 2". you have to use their adjustable a-arms. It can be used for both drag racing and setup for road racing. They have the jag built and have built some. If you call ask for Anthony (owner and designer)

As far as a group buy I'm in BUT it better be a great offer and from AJEracing or I'll pass..

and...

...the pic of the K-members (from the AJE site) posted on the first page of this thread is for Mustangs.

'bird

I am going to buy one from AJE.I dont no about a goup buy.I didnt ask.
someone might be able to get one together.I am not going to wait long.
I plan ordering tommow.

T-bird88 go to www.ajeracing.com then click on about aje.

I guess I'm retarted because I don't see any mention of the Tbird K member other than this;

"Now we have front-end kits for Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, Mopars, Thunderbirds,and 1st gen Lightening Trucks. With our commitment to quality parts others will be added! We believe in customer service so if you ever have a problem with our product please contact us at 800-877-7233!"

I guess you contacted them or something?

JEff

Back