Thunderbird tubular k-member

Go to the "AJE" web site...

seawalkersee said:
Still looking for the K-Member :rolleyes:. Anyone else making them? Have you thought about it wynn?

Chris
I got one on one of my cars, it even fit the first time I tried to install it. Looks to be a really nice deal. Took a bit of goofing to get all the stuff switched over, but once it was done it gives you soooooooooooooo much room that even Randy Baker can find the engine oil pan,even with his blind next door buddy......just pulling your chain...
Really, I think that a round of thanks needs to go out to Randy as he was the guy who got with AJE to get these made for our cars.... They do fit and they are even willing to work with you if you want something a bit different on your install........Rich

I have a steel and a 4130 -aje k-members.
I would only buy the chrom-moly 4130
K-Member.You can even see that you have
a motor after install.I think the AJE K-Member
is the only route to go with a v-8 swap.You
need to chop on the stock cross-member
for some oil pan V-8 installs.

I use the AJE K-Member with my own lower
control arm that I fabed.

Thanks Rich,glad to hear you like yours.

Thanks Randy

custom tubular k member

The reason I ask is becuae I have a fabricator willing to make them up for you guys relatively cheap, well cheapre then what you guys could get them for. Top quality company too. We would need 25 orders to go ahead with the deal though, he will make up the jig and everything for them. This is for the k-member only. He may be able to make some arms as well, I can talk with him more on that.

If you get a price on a chromolly one as I am interested and will buy one. as of right now i am in the process of back halving my 94 lx. and would they be able to have universal motor mounts as i am planning on transplanting a 541 ci mopar big block into her

yea im trying something new so the 1500 mile Brand new 4.7l will be going up for sale along with the irs set up. I have a cocky buddy that made the mistake of telling me that there was no way in hell i could make this bird fast enoph to out run his bottle fed big block Nova

go with "AJE" for this..

I have been working with them for some time now and the finish deal is really good. They also have a neat engine mount setup that does allow you some different things to do. I got one with a 557 big block in it as well as one with a small block sitting in the hole. The last one I went with huge brakes and coil over setup like a mustang to make even more room to do the exhaust. Sure it took some time to get it all worked out but it is all done now and he could do one for you without waiting for things to get worked out... just my .02 worth.....Rich

send him my way

yea im trying something new so the 1500 mile Brand new 4.7l will be going up for sale along with the irs set up. I have a cocky buddy that made the mistake of telling me that there was no way in hell i could make this bird fast enoph to out run his bottle fed big block Nova

I got something for him to crew on if he wants. and you are just on the other side of the lake so come on over.....Rich

this swap will put a little more pep in her step at 750hp and 900 lb. ft torque

there is something to be said there.

I would be coming after that nova with a 557 jon kaase built big block that has some extra power adder on it now for just that little extra kick....Rich

It looks as though AJE no longer makes the tbird k member. I looked tonight and it's no longer listed on jegs. After all I went through getting mine right I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
i wonder if you call them

It looks as though she no longer makes the tbird k member. I looked tonight and it's no longer listed on jegs. After all I went through getting mine right I'm not surprised.

I wonder if you call them right off if you could get one made? just an idea....Rich

right now??

I suppose but after the issues I had with them id probably try to find another option.

They are the only game in town right now.. maybe someone will step up and start doing something... I would be more than willing to let someone copy this set up that I got with the coil overs if they wanted to. Yes I agree that this was a LONG time in getting this setup just under the car much less driving it.. only time will tell on that part....rich

Back