Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thunderbird tubular k-member

what about

maybe...sub frame connectors as well ..I'd be really interested if I could solid weld...the front K member and rear IRS sub frame together ...and not gain that much weight ...
    Last edited by MercsSC; 04-15-2003 at 09:42 PM.

Re: what about

Originally posted by MercsSC
    maybe...sub frame connectors as well ..I'd be really interested if I could solid weld...the front K member and rear IRS sub frame together ...and not gain that much weight ...
    I may just be able to arrange that too.

As for the tubular-k's they will be made out of DOM tubing, which undergoes the same process as Chrome Moly when made. The steel comes from Sharon Steel in Pennsylvania. It has a 0.120 wall thickness as compared to the 0.090 wall thickness of other metals. They use top grade stuff here so no worries about durability and stuff. These K's will be top quality.

We are starting to work on a prototype k and will go from there on the production of more k members. I also mentioned the idea of tubular arms and that can be dealt with after the k-member is finished. We are gonna attempt to make these K's utilize stock suspension parts like a-arms and springs. The tubular k's for the mustangs can do this so we don't see a problem with the t-birds as well.

Most likely I will not be the one selling these k-members though, I am just getting things started here. The pricing will be worth while though I can tell you that. We have no base price as of yet as we are waiting on the prototype to determine a price, but it will be a good deal I can assure you that.

Saty tuned for more info.

Did anyone call them?

I did around 4:56pm today. The K-member is for our t-birds. It will drop our birds 2". you have to use their adjustable a-arms. It can be used for both drag racing and setup for road racing. They have the jag built and have built some. If you call ask for Anthony (owner and designer)

As far as a group buy I'm in BUT it better be a great offer and from AJEracing or I'll pass..

Question huh?

I looked at the AJE site and can't find a single thing for our cars.

'bird

and...

...the pic of the K-members (from the AJE site) posted on the first page of this thread is for Mustangs.

'bird

I am going to buy one from AJE.I dont no about a goup buy.I didnt ask.
    someone might be able to get one together.I am not going to wait long.
    I plan ordering tommow.

T-bird88 go to www.ajeracing.com then click on about aje.

I guess I'm retarted because I don't see any mention of the Tbird K member other than this;

"Now we have front-end kits for Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, Mopars, Thunderbirds,and 1st gen Lightening Trucks. With our commitment to quality parts others will be added! We believe in customer service so if you ever have a problem with our product please contact us at 800-877-7233!"

I guess you contacted them or something?

JEff

Go back

4 posts.

So, I'm retarted.

Only by -4 degrees.

I guess my damn octane plug keeps falling out.LOL

Jeff

TCCOA

I remembered reading about these on the TCCOA website a while back. Here's a link... TCCOA k-member discussion
    There is also a link in here about a GP at the Chicagoland Thunderbird website. I hope this might help. Brandon

Still looking for the K-Member . Anyone else making them? Have you thought about it wynn?

Chris

Go to the "AJE" web site...

Quote Originally Posted by seawalkersee
    Still looking for the K-Member . Anyone else making them? Have you thought about it wynn?

Chris
    I got one on one of my cars, it even fit the first time I tried to install it. Looks to be a really nice deal. Took a bit of goofing to get all the stuff switched over, but once it was done it gives you soooooooooooooo much room that even Randy Baker can find the engine oil pan,even with his blind next door buddy......just pulling your chain...
    Really, I think that a round of thanks needs to go out to Randy as he was the guy who got with AJE to get these made for our cars.... They do fit and they are even willing to work with you if you want something a bit different on your install........Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Sweet...thanks man.

Chris