Aluminum driveshaft out of Mark VIII?Need help

U

uniqueredsc

Aluminum driveshaft out of Mark VIII?Need help

Will a 93LSC driveshaft bolt on right to a 1990SC?Is there any modification to do regarding on this swap?Need help on this one fellow SC'ers.The Mark VIII driveshaft is wayyyyyyyyyyy lighter than the SC one.Anybody?H E L P...........

Re: Aluminum driveshaft out of Mark VIII?Need help

I'd like some info on this as well. I think it would go nicely with a McLeod flywheel eventually.

Hope somebody nows.

Aluminum MkVIII shaft

I looked into this last year, and it is not a direct bolt in. I have a 90 SC with AOD. I think the Mk shaft is shorter than our stock shaft, But I honestly don't remember the details at this point.
anybody with a 4.6L would likely be able to swap this in easily, and you can get them used for $100 if you are lucky.
If you find out anything different, let me know.
Thanks

Guys, the Ford parts catalogue does not give any dimensions on the shafts, but it does break down the slip yoke, u-joint, and axle flange numbers. The only SC cars that have the same front slip yoke as the Mk 8 are the 94-95 AODE cars. Looks like all 93-98 Mark 8 use the same shaft. So there could be a length issue, and a yoke compatibility issue. I think this is something you would have to eyeball with the two driveshafts side by side.

cheers
Ed N.

I'm pretty sure guys where modding the Crown Vic Police Interceptor shafts for use with their SC's. I don't have any details other then I remember it's too long and needs to be shortened.

I can't offer any advice, but the next time I get under mine I'll measure the length.... I know some years were 2 piece and others 1 piece.

Jim Prince

Back