Can someone talk me out of selling my car?

M

MrNiftie

Can someone talk me out of selling my car?

The urge to change has taken hold of me big time. I can't stop thinking of Lexus SC400's and Jaguar XJR's. Used of course.

Snap out of it!!!!

Just price a few parts and insurance

Re: Can someone talk me out of selling my car?

C'mon Mike !! SC400 ... bland, bland, bland. No personality to that car at all. A used XJR, that would be kinda neat though ... still a blown 6-cylinder too !! I agree with Pete however, pricy to insure and repair I'd think.

cheers
Ed N.

Hi Mike, how are you and Lisa doing?

It's funny you brought up this topic because my 93 is starting to show it's age now, and I too have to make a decision on what to do - sell it and move on, or fix her up & keep it.

Nothing lasts forever. If you decide to sell, it's not the end. You could always buy another one if you discover you just can't live without an SC. Most of us would have probably moved on by now if the SC wasn't such a great car. You have a tough decision, considering all the time and effort you've put into your SC... how much do you think you'll miss her when she's gone?

We're doing well, thanks. I know I'd miss her. I was hoping someone could talk me out of it as there is really nothing wrong with my SC. I have the ITCH . . .

Can't help you there, I'm thinking about a Jaguar XJR all the time. Really, can't blame you..
Stas.

Mike,

Would you please drop me an email at 'mattesons_2000@yahoo.com' when you get a minute? I have a couple of questions for you.

You're one of the longer standing members of this club, and I think it would be a loss to have you sell your car and leave our membership. You've written excellent articles (technical and otherwise) pertaining to the SC's and XR7's. When I read your article in a recent CT issue, I have to wonder what happened to the enthusiasm for enjoying your SC that you obviously had at that time.

I'll certainly respect whatever decision you make, but I'd be sorry to see us lose yet another big contributor to the SC/XR7 community. I hope you think this decision through, and don't find that months or years from now you have regrets about parting with this car.

Sincerely,

Mike,

Sean is right, I have only owned the car for 2 years and I have my "Camaro" days that are very difficult to deal with. Now that I have put my soul into this car (and all my money), and can't imagine ever parting with it. I promise I'll blow it up first.

I hope you decide to keep it, and that you continue to be an active member along with the newest addition to your family. Just sell the Taurus instead! :p

Mike,

What's wrong with keeping the SC and buying another car??? ;)

Does anyone have Mike's email addy?

Cheers,

Why would you sell a great car like the sc ? If you sell it you will miss the rush it gives you . Face it , it's a thrill to drive !

Feelin' the love

While I may be able to find a better car, I doubt if I'd be able to find a better group of car nuts to hang with!!!
After talking with Lisa (& Mikayla), it looks like we'll be keeping her. So I guess she's off to the body shop for a bit of TLC. Thanks all for your thoughts . . .

Re: Feelin' the love

GREAT! Glad to hear it Mike. I'd like to see you out again this year. We can talk "EEC" sometime. Who does your tuning?

Back