help,need power steering pulley

E

eds94tbirdsc

help,need power steering pulley

I called Ford today to order a new pulley and I got bad news . They don't make it anymore . I called the depot link at work and got the same answer.Do anybody know if there is a company that still makes this pulley ? Will it fit of a regular 3.8 or 5.0 ? I find it really embarassing to be driving to all the local hangouts in my old Grand Am . Please help save me from further embarassment .

Re: help,need power steering pulley

Damned! Yet another part that has gone "end of life"! I guess Ford just doesn't like seeing any of these old T-Bird SC's and/or Cougar XR7's driving around.

Ed, I recently parted out an '89 SC, but unfortunately it suffered serious front end damage, and the PS pump pulley was scrap (bent all to hell) as I found it buried in the intercooler core.

Good luck! If you do find a source for these, you might want to post the info here for all of us. If the price is reasonable, we may want to pick up a spare while we can still get them from somewhere!!!

Cheers,

Ed, this is another 89 - 95 SC specific part. The Ford number is E9SZ-3A733-A. When I'm back to work on Monday I will contact Ford of Canada, they can do a search of all the Ford U.S. parts depots to see if there is any stock still available. The only U.S. info a Canadian dealer can see from their computer link to Ford is whether or not there is stock in the main depot in Detroit. I'll let you know what I find with that. If all else fails, a few U.S. Ford dealers show the part on the shelf when I searched on www.partsvoice.com, a U.S. based parts locator site.

cheers
Ed N.

thanks Ed , please let me know , driving the grand am sucks

at least you get to drive something of your own....I'm stuck with my mom's Mazda Protege 4 door, when she doesn't need it that is.

Ed, just checking here this morning ... that pulley is still available. Call the dealer again, or maybe call a different one. Give them the number if they can't come up with it themselves, E9SZ 3A733 A. There are 2 pieces in stock at the Bramalea, Ontario warehouse, which is Ford of Canada's main depot. Your local dealer should be able to order it from the Bramalea warehouse and receive it in a few days. It does not show obsolete status on the Ford inquiry screen, I don't know why they were giving you that news.

cheers
Ed N.

Hi Ed,
I might have a spare PS pulley.Will let u know sometime today.Later.

Ed,
Got that part here.Let me know if u still need it.Later.

Thanks Ed . Thanks Uniqueredsc for the offer. I'm going to try ford again tomorrow so I'll let you know . Thanks everybody for the help . I'm blown away by all the help and friendly advice you guys give . This has got to be the greatest club by far .It's a pity there are not more SC'ers in this area , but then again it's nice to be different ! Keep on driving !

Ordered the pulley from Ford today . Thanks Ed . The guy I ordered it from couldn't understand why the other guy said it was discontinued. All I have to do now is figure out how to and where to start . I have never worked on a super coupe before. I guess it will be a learning experience . Thanks again for the help.

P S Pulley

Ordered the pulley from Ford today . Thanks Ed . The guy I ordered it from couldn't understand why the other guy said it was discontinued. All I have to do now is figure out how to and where to start . I have never worked on a super coupe before. I guess it will be a learning experience . Thanks again for the help.

I need a PS Pulley for 1989 SC. Where do I find one?

Long gone as a new item from Ford, but if you make a post in the "parts wanted" section I'm sure that somebody will have a good used one available from a parts car. Same P/S pulley for 89-95 SC.

cheers
Ed

Spinningwheels now has aluminum pulleys for the PS but I'm not sure about the hardness. It would need to be hard anodized.
Alan

ps Pulley

Thank you. I know they have an Alumin. Too much money. Just need a Stock one. Maybe other cars have the same pulley. God bless.

Because it's an 8-rib belt, there won't be much else in Ford land that you could substitute another pulley from. Most of the 80s / 90s / 00s Ford cars and light trucks were 6 rib. Some of the mid 90s Super Duty diesels were using 8 rib with the same style of P/S pump as the SC engine, but I've no idea how the pulley outer diameter would compare. Late 90s / early 00s F-150 V8s were also 8-rib, but they used a newer generation of pump, and I don't think that the shaft size / type is compatible with the earlier pump so that the pulley would press on.

cheers
Ed

Back