Ran a new best 13.058 today.

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
Michele, I caught up again or maybe you're still a few thousandths ahead I haven't seen your timeslip. I got paired up against a car from the sportsman class and lost to an Olds Cutlass that was so loud I couldn't hear my own engine. Not a great day as I lost in the 4th round and dropped to 2nd in points. They added 2 more races to the schedule so we have a long way to go. I'm afraid the weather will get too warm to make that inevitable 12.9 run until Oct.

Attachments

• 13.058 timeslip.jpg
    13.058 timeslip.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 556
Congrats on the new ET Mike....that 12 second timeslip is bound to happen real soon. With the mph your running it looks like you have plenty of power.

David

Very impressive, again Mike.
You've really got a fast 5 speed.
Keep it up buddy.
You will see the 12s soon.
Micheles Time Slip is on the SCCOA/Home page/Top SCs link.
By the way the other car on the slip is Rodney Bs 5 speed... A pretty impressive car too!

huffmants.jpg

Congrats Mike, I admirer any one that races a 5 speed ,they are so hard to hook up.Next time we meet up again, we can't have a red light contest. HA ! Keep up the good racing. Michele

Last edited:
Looking to see more 5 spds

I never thougth an SC was a good drag car, and 5 speeds especially, but you guys are proving me wrong. Nice work, Mike !

I saw that slip but thought it was yours, Todd. That was my 1st sub 1.9, 60' time as well. Conditions must have been just right, cool in the low 60's, overcast, and threatening to drizzle at any moment. I didn't do anything different. Wish I'd run against a quieter car. I haven't red lighted at all this season, so far. I've either been lucky, gotten better, or more likely the arthritis has slowed me down. I drove this car for 12 years everyday and drag raced it, too, so we're real familiar with each other which may accciunt for my consistency. Fred that cam seems to have mated right up to the heads. It feels really strong on the high end. I'll need some tuning to get a 12 out of it. I'm trying to hook up with Jerry over at Higgin's sometime and have him tune it for me on the dyno.

Congrats Mike, speaking of the 5 speed how is it holding up to all the racing you have done.
Great numbers, keep it up.
Gary

I rebuilt this M5 last summer with fresh fiber blockers and have been racing it since Sept. Occassionally I'll get a little crunch going to 3rd but I think it's my clutch foot that's the cause. So far so good. I wear a rubber palmed glove so my hand won't slip off the shifter and miss 3rd gear anymore. I'm getting good quick shifts without excessive effort i.e. my elbow isn't sore the next day. I've got another freshly rebuilt spare ready just in case. The only thing I'm worried about is the harmonic balancer. It's been on and off 3 times now and came from my old 90 engine. It's got the small aluminum undrive pulley on it so i think it'll be Ok. Got a spare one of those, too, just in case.

Those are great times!

But I bet you and Michele are both just grinding your teeth being THAT CLOSE to 12's. :p

You'll get there. ;)

Lee

Hey Fred, Are you getting that beast back together?
If or if not, I hope you plan on coming down to Jules next Sat foe our test & tune...Michele would love to give you or Jackie a ride in T/os as it is allowed at our track! Just never in eliminations.
That 1.76 60' ft feels damn good, even if your just along for the ride!
but I only get to do it once in a while as Michele runs the car, ya know!

The SCCoA should start a 12 sec club? I am about 2 months away from unvealing my T5 shifter extension box for the Thunderbirds. It will bolt upto any T5 WC tranny and should allow these cars to get better ET's.

Back