Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IC water spray

IC water spray

Was watching some show on Speed Channel and they did a special on the Imprezza STi. They started talkin bout a Water sprayer the sprayed the intercooler with a switch from the inside "for an extra boost of power".
    Would this actually work or is this more of a gimmick thing?

Talking it works to cool things

Last year I posted some pic's of a sprayer for the inner cooler to bring down the temp.. It was a simple deal and the cost to make the system was less than $20 and a few hours in the garage....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

yes it works... its actually doing two things to boost power... initially before entering the combustion chamber it cools the charge, second during combustion, water expands greaty when heated... especially to those temperatures, and the extra expansion of the water vapor in the combustion chamber on top of the regular combustion of the fuel and air pushes down on the piston with greater force... i.e. more power
    Last edited by 96bird; 04-20-2003 at 04:15 PM.

IC water sprayer

this actually sprays water internally or did i misunderstand your post?

yes... its sprays internally... I misread your post... I see now that is says sprays the intercooler.... my bad... but... that kind of sprayer does exist... it comes stock on a Pontiac GTP... my neighbor has one

IC Water...

Wouldnt spraying water internally ruin the engine...Does the external IC sprayer actually work....might be a fun project if its worth it

its a regulated amount of water.... if too much is sprayed in... yeah... it might ruin something... but this small amount acually gains power.... the small amount will expand... but if too much goes in... there wouldnt be enough energy to turn it all into vapor..... the water is also "atomized" that is... its sprayed in a fine mist.... so dont be adding water to your gas thinking its the same thing Im not sure on the amount... its not like its dumping buckets in that it will hydro-lock or anything

External sprayer

You know if the external sprayer makes a noticable difference...ever driven your neighbors car and used it or sumthin

Talking I made one

Like I said before, I made and posted pic's of a sprayer. I have it on my daily driver and if you are pounding it you can really cool off the inner cooler with it. They are eazy to make and like I said, less than $20 to build.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

... but... that kind of sprayer does exist... it comes stock on a Pontiac GTP...
    It does not come stock on GTPs. If your neighbor has one, it is an aftermarket add on.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat.............10.597 @ 135.78

My Garage

HEY RICH

Hey, I couldn't find your original post but found some pics and some instructions you posted. would you need some kind of pump? I'm not very mechanically inclined but like to think i am...help me out please?

nos has a kit that sprays nitrous on the intercooler. it's pricey though, i think about 450. my friend has this on a golf 1.8t and he siad it feels like he added about 50 hp.
    joe

i think your friend with the gtp is taking about his water injected bong he smokes with

lol