ATTN South/Southeast SC'ers: Hot Rod Power Tour

JAFO

Anyone participating or attending? I've never been, but it's running from Nashville, TN to Fort Worth. May be some chances for some SC meets at the same time? It's stopping right here at Jackson, or I might follow it down to N.O. if there's interest. Info as follows:

General Info
Stops and accomodations

Stop #1 Nashville, TN
Friday, May 30
Gaylord Opryland Resort
2802 Opryland Drive
Nashville, TN 37214

Stop #2 Memphis, TN
Saturday, May 31
Desoto Civic Center
Southhaven, MS 38671

Stop #3 Jackson, MS
Sunday, June 1
The Fairgrounds and Coliseum
1207 Mississippi Street
Jackson, MS 39202

Stop #4 New Orleans, LA
Monday, June 2
Fairgrounds Racecourse
1751 Gentilly Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70119

Stop #5 Lake Charles, LA
Tuesday, June 3
Lake Charles Civic Center
900 Lakeshore Drive
Lake Charles, LA 70602

Stop #6 Shreveport, LA
Wednesday, June 4
Red River Raceway
13500 Gilliam Scott Slew Rd
Gilliam, LA 71029

Stop #7 Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Thursday, June 5 and Friday, June 6
The Ball Park at Arlington
1000 Ball Park Way
Arlington, TX 76011

I've been three years in a row. Won't be this year though. :(

It's a lot of fun and if you register even for one day you get a free dyno, at least there was all other years. All you have to do is register for at least on day, and get there early. Put your name on the list and you get 3 pulls free. I think they charge a little extra for WB02.

Hey, I even got a picture of my car in Hot Rod Magazine!

Bill, you might want to throw a post up on the SouthEast Chapter forum down towards the bottom of the page. I'm sure there will be some members interested in some of these. SCCOSE

Power Tour really is a great opportunity to get together. You can not only hang out in a totally relaxed car show atmosphere, but you get to see a wide variety of cars enough to fit anyone's imagination. Plus it is nice to talk to the tch people from Comp Cams, Edelbrock etc. Too bad so few made it when we were on the tour in 2000, 2001, and 2002. We won't be there this year sorry!

Did I mention *free* dyno? I thought so. :)

Back