Gas Mileage........

tbirdsc357

Just wondering what you guys get for gas mileage in your birds. I ask because I am getting around 360km per tank. Thats from a combo of city and highway driving, and being a little heavy footed every so often.

I'm getting around 500km per tank of mostly country driving with a bit of in town, on my 90 auto.

Dale

Pretty well bone stock! Had a new resonator and new mufflers put on last fall, but other than that no mods at all. I got 525km out of one tank of gas and she still had 6 liters of fuel left.

Last weekend I did 380kms on 35.4 litres. All highway,no crazy stuff, cruise on most of the time. At that rate looks like I could get around 700kms out of a tank.

I'm sure I can get 400kms on tank If I took it easy and drove like a normal person.:)

Is 400kms per tank about right for my car??:confused:

Speaking of fuel mileage, I preferred what I was getting when the car was running lean, and drawing in a bad vacuum leak. I went home from Sean's and drove the next day to 250km on 1/2 a tank.

Now that I have the system sealed, and a new "richer" tuner file installed, I've only done 300km, and I'm down to my last 1/4 tank.

And Steve, I think 400km is about right for your car, being an AODE.

I filled mine up (*it had 1/2 tank) at 310 km on the trip meter. It took on 40L to refill it. Thats 192 miles to 10 gallons of gas.......or 19.2 MPG.
This is a combination of city/hwy/the wife and I were out the other night stepping on it pretty good. Had I not done that I'm guessing that it would be around 22MPG.
Should I be replacing o2 sensors? It runs okay, but I have 280,000Km and though my heads, plugs, wires are all fresh, I am concerned about E-testing this October..... Would new o2 sensors help?

Katoom for the price of O2 I would change them. I just did on my car and one of them was tost. I will post what kind of gas mileage I get in a day or two

Steve I was getting about 325-350 threw the winter. Then with playing with the MAF I have now found a "sweet" spot. Now not evryone get their hopes up. I have a MAC & a stock throttle body, so unless you are running that combo, rotating the MAF may not work.

Now I am getting 390-425, with the gas light not even coming on, so there is still lots in the tank.

Back