Az Roll Call Again.

1989 ThunderBird Super Coupe

I live in Phoenix Arizona and i go up to the break all the time its on I-17 and Northern so Give me a Ring 602-740-5528 So give me a Call im Looking for people for ym Car Club Hit me up if you wanna chill or just shoot pool

Prick_Racing said:
Lets Get a Metting soon so we can play or race lets set a meeting and chill so hit it up 602-740-5528

Hey we are meeting tomorrow @67 and Bell
Give me a call 623-977-1096
Later Mike

Last edited:
hey mike long time since I have heard from you. Call me 602-214-5005. It's Kory from EL Mirage. I finally got the clutch fix on the SC.

hey people prick here im getting 2 sc's to fix up if you wanna have fun helping me fix them up let me know ok later 602 740 5528 later

Prick_Racing said:
hey people prick here im getting 2 sc's to fix up if you wanna have fun helping me fix them up let me know ok later 602 740 5528 later

I have alot of parts if you need anything. located in EL Mirage,AZ

ray and mcClintock, chandler

PS looking for some gfx for my 93, if anyone in az has some to sell

Last edited:
hey kory this is richard mikes friend give me a call i just put my car in the shop "again" Damn them sc Damn them but its kool cost me 280 to rewire some **** and for a senser i needed so i will have the money soon for the engine man so if you got it i will get it later i will have the money on the first bye man ps let me know what the engine comes with and if you could install it for me or help me do it later 602 740 5528

down south

[
anyone in tucson i have 90 sc with 75k on the clock anyone else down here 520 210 1873 or hoopslover@hotmail.com was going to sell it but i like it too much i am starting to fix up this week new front shocks and belts

rooster said:
[
anyone in tucson i have 90 sc with 75k on the clock anyone else down here 520 210 1873 or hoopslover@hotmail.com was going to sell it but i like it too much i am starting to fix up this week new front shocks and belts

sweet, another Tucsonian with an SC. Is your sc white by any chance? I always see a white SC driving around the U.

Andrew

3.8 SC Newbie - Engine Rebuild and Swap

I am not a Super Coupe owner, but I did receive my Ford 3.8L Supercharged V6 engine today (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7954619183).

My plan is to completely strip it down to bare components, take everything to a machine shop, and over the course of a year rebuild it (with lots of "bling" parts) and target 300-400 HP and 400-500 LBFT, then find a way to shoehorn it into my DeLorean (130HP/153LBFT stock, 2,750 LB with fluids full).

I joined this forum in hope of meeting people more familiar with this potentially impressive engine who would also be willing to provide any technical guidance along the way.

I didn't set my profile to accept direct e-mail because I get so much spam and any meaningful e-mail I get, is lost in a sea of spam.

I welcome any questions, tips, suggestions, and/or opinions. I hope this entire rebuild helps to generate pride and confidence in this engine and that the engine swap into my DeLorean is at the very least, successful if not fun.

My immediate need is to learn about this engine in great detail prior to dismantling and would like to know of any sources for the shop manual on CD ROM.

Thank you,
Ben Ferguson
Mesa, AZ
Arizona DeLorean Club, Car Cruise Director - VIN 10365
www.az-d.org

Welcome!
I've always liked the DeLoreans, the car has always looked good to me.
Anyways, good luck with your project! Running a search would get you a lot of information about the 3.8 motor, trans, etc......
Also, I'm sure if you posted in the Technical Forum, you would get a lot of responses for this project, as I think I might be the only person left who's reading/posting on AZ Forum semi-regularly.

Andrew

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

Andrew,

Thanks for the info. I will copy my post to the Technical Forum as you suggested.

Thank you,
Ben Ferguson
Mesa, AZ
Arizona DeLorean Club, Car Cruise Director - VIN 10365
www.az-d.org

89_Red_Xr7 said:
Welcome!
I've always liked the DeLoreans, the car has always looked good to me.
Anyways, good luck with your project! Running a search would get you a lot of information about the 3.8 motor, trans, etc......
Also, I'm sure if you posted in the Technical Forum, you would get a lot of responses for this project, as I think I might be the only person left who's reading/posting on AZ Forum semi-regularly.

Andrew

rkahochoa said:
Now that more people have found out we DO exist. Let's see how many we have. I am here

P.S. Post you name and what part of Az.

Thanks.

Don Pelley, all original one-owner 35th
4061 N. Via Bronzino
Tucson, AZ 85750

dgpaz@earthlink.net
PS...looking for weatherstripping!

former sc owner checking in, im moving from florida out to glendale in about 3 weeks :)

wont have my sc with me, sold it back in march, but ill have my new toy, black 1995 trans am :)

Back