Thinking about 5% overdrive pulleys.....

T

tbirdsc357

Thinking about 5% overdrive pulleys.....

If any one has 5% overdrive pulleys for sale please let me know. Also how much difference is there between the 5% and the 10% pulleys.

Fast Ed N: Does Ford carry 5% overdrive pulleys and if so how much ? Thanks.

Steve.
[tbirdsc357.tripod.com]

Re: Thinking about 5% overdrive pulleys.....

When you say pulley(s), you mean pulley, because there is only one pulley that can be overdriven, and that is the blower pulley. You can buy an SVO (Ford) 5% pulley, or you can buy a Hypertech (the one I have) 10% pulley from Canadian Tire out of the Keystone catalogue.

If you mean underdrive pulleys, those are a set of three pulleys that serve an entirely different purpose. Forgive me if you already know this....just trying to be helpful.

Good Luck.

Thanks Bill, I meant pulley, the one for the blower. How much did you pay for the Hypertech and can you tell me how much difference is there between the 5% and 10% in terms of performance. I would want the one that would be less stressful on my engine.

Have you pushed your car since you got it running? How does it feel? Hope to see it soon.

Steve.

SC pulley

Steve, Ford does not offer any SC pulleys through regular channels. The 5% SVO pulley has to be ordered through Super Coupe Performance, or one of the other U.S. companies that has a tie-in with Ford.

cheers
Ed N.

Yeah Bill, how much was the 10% pulley from Canadian Tire?

Steve:

10% pulley was around $100 CAN, available right away.

5% pulley = 0.5-1.0 lb more boost
10% pulley = 1-2lb more boost

(Depending on other mods)

If you have stock exhaust, stick with the 5% at the most. If you can open up the exhaust, and you don't mind replacing an SC seal, then go with the 10%. You'll also get boost faster, so prepare to use more fuel.

My car has not seen over 3500-4000 RPM, and only under light load. No more than 4lb boost so far, otherwise she runs great. I don't plan on flogging her until I switch to 15w40 and have exceeded 1000kms.

Jamie: saw you motor today, looks good! We'll be in-touch.

Fast Ed, Bill thanks for all your help. I think I will go with the 5% from SCP. Thanks again.

Steve.

Has NitrousPaul got anything to add here in regards to running a 10% pulley with stock exhaust??? He was tempting me with the idea. I've had that 10% pulley I bought off Wayne last Summer and I have yet to install it. Hell, my HG's blew without installing it! I've gotta get that exhaust system done.

Cheers,

Cool, $100 isn't too bad. I'll have to pick one up soon, I'll stick with the stock pulley for now. I have long tube headers and a true dual exhaust system and fully ported heads, intakes and such so I should be plenty fine witht he 10% pulley, I would really like to get the 10-rib pulley system though for the blower. Has anyone found out the price of the 10-rib 3 pulley system from Magnusen I think it was?

It is manufactured only by ESM.

It is $485.00 USD. It includes the modified jackshaft (core required), 10 rib SC belt ($70 seperately), choice of 10 rib pulley, wider steel idler assembly.

Not too bad I guess. More like $300 and I'd buy one.

Bill did you get your bad a$$ blower back yet? what pully are you going to run on it?

Greg,

No, it isn't here yet. I'm awiting on Purolator. Should be any day now. It has my 10% pulley already mounted to it.

Did you ship your blower yet?

Guys,

Is it cheaper/easier to put custom exhaust on a car with the newer style gas tank? If I have to change my fuel pump soon anyway, I'm wondering if I shouldn't ask Sebastien how much he wants for the tank out of his car, and swap tanks and do exhaust at the same time. Might be a little expensive all at once, but if it makes things easier in the long run then maybe it's worth considering?!

Does anyone know the manufacturer and part number for the 255lph forced induction fuel pumps?

Thanks,

Bill, got a tracking number for your blower, I work for Purolator, maybe I can find out some info on it for ya.

You know what Bill,I phoned Bill evenoff and he says to send the money to him and send the blower to magnason and there is no reason to even talk to Charles warner.Now I phoned Charles and he says the exact oposite.So now what do I do???????????????????

Jamie: YOU HACKER YOU! Its okay buddy, it came yesterday, I just have to pick it up from the Yonge St center. Thanks anyway buddy, they took FOREVER!

Sean: I think you'll find any exhaust work to be easier once you get rid of that old tank. The only things I've seen done on your style tank is true duals that chase each other all the way around the tank. Talk about a lot of piping. You should try and do what I did. Measure the car with a tape and draw some rough sketched of possible exhaust designs, then compare them to the dimensions of various mufflers which you can look up online.

Greg: Just do what Bill says, no need to start a war. Get the process going so you'll have your car ready for the summer.

Bill,

You've provided lots of exhaust info to me in the past, but you know I'll be looking to you for help in this area. I particularly like the sound of your beast now!!! ...I know I don't have the cam, or the wild heads, or the... but something a little more authoritative than stock would be nice.

Hopefully when we get together to swap on that big daddy blower, we can chat about this. I'm the meantime, I'll see if Sebastien still has that '93 tank and heat shield. Sebastien???

Oh, BTW, it looks like I may be finishing up here in NY State tonight, in which case I'll be heading home through T.O. tomorrow. What are you up to?

Cheers,

Well......................................

My blower is here now! (cough)

Just kidding buddy, I would love to hang out in T.O for a change, but I told Krista she would have my undivided attention the entire day.

I still want to get together Sunday night if you are available. We'll be able to drive the car any way we want by then. We'll just have to do a quick change to 15w40 before WOT.

Deal?

What, so you mean Krista takes priority over me??? Billy, what happened?! I thought we really connected?! LOL

'We'll be able to drive it any way we want'??? Are you actually going to let me flog your car??? Ooooh gooodie gooodie gooodie!!! LOL

Yeah, Sunday evening sounds good to me, but I think for the time being we should not look so much at doing the blower swap then, as getting your old engine sealed back up. I need to get that shop crane returned. What's your buddy Pete up to? Have you figured out what you're going to do with the old engine yet?

Ed wants to come by to pick up those suspension parts. He mentioned Sunday too. Perhaps I can get him to delay until Sunday evening, and we can meet at my place?! Ed??? What time do you think you could make it out for? Are you working Sunday?

LMK.

Cheers,

Sean, I thought you were out of town on BUSINESS :) But I see lots of posts from you on here this week.

Anyway, I was actually thinking about Saturday morning for coming down to your place if that works for you. But if it needs to be Sunday, I should be able to do that.

thx
Ed N.

Back