where are the O2 sensors??

twindragons187

i was wondering where the O2 sensors where?? i'm thinkin bout removin my cats. are they in the cats or in the manifold?? i have a 90 35th auto.....i'm gonna be gettin a new tranny so i figured since its out, get rid of the cats too...thanx

The O2 sensors are before the cats. I believe on the passenger side it is in the manifold and on the driver side it is in the downpipe just below the manifold.

thanx

cool, so if i remove my cats, it won't hurt nothing right?? b/c i don't have emissions where i live....pa....i was also told the cats would and could make the car overheat.....if clogged...is this true? thanx for the info...

The O2s on an SC will function normally without cats. There are no sensors downstream from the cats. A clogged cat can cause many issues, most notably a loss of power as the exhaust gets backed up. I had a cat that cracked and twisted (they are the brick kind) on my SC. The car felt like it had no power at all. You definately want to get a broken cat fixed as soon as possible.

no cats

Cats... we don need no stinking cats!!! No but really,you dont need them at all. You should check if you have local emmisions,if so go hi-flo, if not trash em, see here in sunny orlando you could have black, blue, and green smoke all at the same time and no one cares, so I dont have them plus without them it sounds better

Back