Carlisle Dyno test and tune, Sign up now!!

kuhnga

Carlisle All Ford is less than a month away. Last year we had alot of SC's that Dynoed and alot more that wanted to.
I spoke to the guys that ran the Dyno last year and they have agreed to dedicate a time slot for just our cars to dyno or bring a seperate dyno depending on how many people will want to do it.

The GOOD NEWS is Brian Herron, from Apten Chips, will come over from St. Louis to tune while we dyno!!!!

Brian has tuned several cars in the SC Most HP list including the top 2(Chris Wise and David Neibert) and will provide the best tune for your SC.

Prices:

Dyno time which can include 3-5 pulls $75

The following DO NOT include dyno time of $75:

Chip with custom tune at the dyno: $300(GREAT DEAL)

Custom dual program chip with two tunes at the dyno (for nitrous customers): $375

Retune for customers that already have an Apten chip $150

Custom tune and file for people that have EEC tuners: $175

I would perfer to have a dedicated dyno but we need guys to sign up now to see how many we have. A deposit would be great to secure a spot($75).

This is the only chance some of us will have for a realtime SC tune.

Please email me ASAP if interested.

unvrscs@supercoupekuhn.com

Gary

Last edited:
Count me in.....Also people from NJTACC

Hey, The NJTACC (New Jersey Thunderbird and Cougar Club) will be at Carlisle this year in numbers. I know of at least 7 people that would want the dyno time. Please contact me at (973) 277-4294 about the dyno time and cost. The seperate dyno is not a bad idea but you should be getting a cheaper cost than that for a good number of people. Ask them about renting the dyno for maybe friday afternoon. This would be cheaper and when tuning, you need the extra time.

Again, please contact me as I can help with this.

Thanks,

Don O'Neill, Jr.

Don,

As it stands now there is 1 dyno and he will get us another if we have enough folks.

If there is only 1 Carlisle fairgrounds wants him only Saturday. They can commit all day Friday and or Sunday to us if we have a schedule and a certain amount of prepaid cars.

Please let me know how many you can get soon, I will try to work a better price at that time.
We would need at least 10 for it to be worth Brians time to come out here.

Thanks for the response Don.

Gary

PS the Dyno group is
Dyno tune motorsports out of Ohio, the guy I spoke with is Steve at 440-942-3349

The Blackbird wil be up there for sure. I'm prolly not gonna have time to get it to a local dyno before the show, so I'll do my tuning there. I still have some front end work to do and the little issue of being sideswiped this winter.

Count me in. Where would we need to send the deposit? Saturday would work best, but Sunday morning would work too. I'd rather not strap it down on Friday right after driving 200 miles.

Later,
Steve

Deposit will be need 2 weeks before the show. I am not sure who to give it to yet, possibly Brian. You will need to provide the 4 digit code on your EEC also. We have 4 locked in right now. please email me your confirmation.

Brian will be able to tune Thunderbirds, Mustangs, Cobras, Trucks, Explorers, and almost any Ford / Lincoln / Mercury car.

Gary

Gary/Brian,

I'm in for the dyno tune. I will need it after I get my rig back together! ;) But I think you already have an idea what I need Brian. I'll be in touch in a couple weeks after I take care of my cam issue.

Anthony

kuhnga said:
Deposit will be need 2 weeks before the show. I am not sure who to give it to yet, possibly Brian. You will need to provide the 4 digit code on your EEC also. We have 4 locked in right now. please email me your confirmation.

Brian will be able to tune Thunderbirds, Mustangs, Cobras, Trucks, Explorers, and almost any Ford / Lincoln / Mercury car.

Gary

Err... I guess I need clarification. I don't need Brian to tune the car for me. I can do that myself. But I will still sign up if it helps get the group a better price. If this is something special just for Brian to tune, count me out. I'll just sign up with the dyno guy at the show.

BlackbirdSC- The dyno price gives us more time on the dyno 3-5 pulls compared to 2 in order to tune. It also gives us dedicated time so we do not have to wait. I was trying to get Brian to come out here to help us out if there is not enough interest in having Brian tune cars he would not be able to come out. You can still dyno with us at the 75 and get enough pulls to tune yourself if you perfer.

Thanks Gary

Hey Brian,

Come out and enjoy the weekend... There will be enough Fords there to make a killin'. Not just us B, but thousands of other people who may be impressed with your product.

Anthony

When I go somewhere to tune, it's usually not so much of a pleasure trip. The St. Louis guys already know that when I'm at a dyno day I'm running around, skipping lunch, and working my butt off. After the typical 10 hour tuning day, I'm ready to go to bed. I forget 90% of the people I meet because I am so focused on the cars.

If I do this trip as a "tuner", I'll need enough cars to cover my expenses. I already know I won't make any huge profits tuning 12 cars, but I'll do it for those that have asked me to help them. That also means we have to have a deticated dyno commit to us for the whole day saturday. Most cars take 45 minutes to tune, but we need the dyno available all day in case there are some mechanical issues on cars that need to be addressed. So far it's happened on atleast one car at every dyno day. For that reason it's better to pay the dyno a flat rate for the whole day and have in writing that we can do as many pulls as we want with as many cars as we want during that day.

Sunday won't work because 90% of the people will want to leave and rush me by noon, and I only want to tune friday if there are too many people to complete satrday. The reason is because tuning friday means I'll have to take off a half of a week. Three days of missed work makes the trip cost me a whole lot more than one day off.

If we can't pull off carslile, maybe some weekend we'll setup a dyno tuning weekend in the Northeast. I could fly up friday night, tune all day saturday and sunday, and fly back sunday night. Just more food for thought.

Brian

'B',

You're a scholar and a gentleman! ... I have a feeling that the Saturday dyno commit will come through.

Gary & Don are working hard on getting the commit. I know there are at least 8 or 10 already. As we are there, I'm sure there will be more... Anyway, Gary & Don, keep us posted on how many definites each of you have found.

Count 1 right here on Don's list. See you all soon.

Anthony

I am pretty sure this will be worked out. I may fly out thursday so I can tune all day friday and all day saturday.

Brian

Back