deathly afraid of buzzin sound with new exhaust

SCboost

I want to put ported cast iron manifolds, 2.5" high flow cats, to a single 3" borla XR-1 muffler. and run it all straight back to a short bit after the diff. i have always been afraid of gettin a buzzing or ricey sound. the Borla, i love. i have friends with borla. its not the muffler. im afraid of the NO resonator part. but i hear i don't need one with borla. can someone confirm this for me one last time? thanks in advance. steve. and anyone see any lack of back pressure problems with this?

the buzzing comes from the stock resonator. i have no resonator and no cats with flowmaster and it's loud but, not very loud. i don't have to raise my voice to talk to someone in the back seat. and there is no buzz or pissed off bee's, just that nice flowmaster sound. when you start to pull your pipes off take the back half off leave the resonator on and start it and you will here the buzz. not using a resonator won't give you any buzzing. aftermarket resonators may not have the buzz. not using one will give you substantual increase in flow. if your not happy you could always add one later.
good luck,
joe

I've heard a few SCs with just DynoMax and other brand names, not sure from inside, but from the outside they sounded really flat and had a popping noise to them, the AFTERMARKET:D res usually mellow out the sound, never use stock res with aftermarket mufflers, might sound sound odd with some combinations:eek: .

The safe bet is some sort of aftermarket res in general if you dont want to take chances

Back