Cruise Control & Magnum Powers 85mm Throttle Body

blkthndr

former sccoa webmaster
Has anyone had a problem with their cruise control and the Magnum Powers throttle body?

I lost my cruise control a little after I installed the TB last year. I took apart the cruise servo this year and found the metal clip that holds the wire with the ball at the end of it had snapped.

I replaced the clip, reinstalled the servo, but to no avail. It feels like when I go to use the cruise it is trying, but it feels like there is not enough vaccum to pull the throttle down.

I am wondering if the amount of pressure needed to pull the throttle is too much for the servo unit.

Ideas? Am I way out there?

I got another unit from the junkyard and plan on installing that one, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron,
I didn't have that exact problem, but I had a similar issue with my BBK TB. When I got it, the throttle spring was WAAAAY too tight! It felt like I was driving a big truck or something, my foot would get tired. The tension comes from that round spring, so to fix it, I loosened one end of the spring, which of course caused it to unwind completely. Then I wound it back up until it felt good, I think it was only one or two rotations. You could try doing that and see if it fixes the cruise problem.

Back