Annual Supercoupe Shootout

Wzenheimer

Annual Supercoupe/XR7 Shootout***LOCATION CHOSEN***

Considering all of the talk going around about who's car is faster than who's etc, I am considering trying to put together a meet. The meet would consist of 4 different classes. Then the winners of those classes would be the reigning champs of that class for a whole year. Classes would include something like:

Unlimited
Modified
Modified-stock
Stock

Of course there is quite a bit of planning that would have to go into the rules of what is a Modified class, vs a stock etc. I would want to form a committee to see about the general census.

I think it would be a full weekend event following a VERY regimented timeline. Something like the following:

Thursday night - Registration and hotel check-in.
Friday - dyno day...(see who is top dog in TQ and HP.)
Saturday - Track Day (See who truely is the fastest by category.)
Saturday night - the unoffical party night.
Sunday morning - Awards Ceremony and farewell departure.

Anyway, let me hear some suggestions. I would prefer, well thought out points that have relevance. If this in anyway turns into a posting fight I will have the moderators lock and pull this thread. Thanks for everyones help and opinions.

Chris

Last edited:
I can donate some time to help organize it if you need it Chris.

Phoning Sponsors
Track Time
Local Dyno
Dinner/Banquet/Awards Show
PArty will take care of itself

Al

al35thsc@hotmail.com

Wzenheimer said:
.......... I am considering trying to put together a meet. .......... Of course there is quite a bit of planning that would have to go into the rules of what is a Modified class, vs a stock etc. I would want to form a committee to see about the general census.

I think it would be a full weekend event following a VERY regimented timeline. Something like the following:

Thursday night - Registration and hotel check-in.
Friday - dyno day...(see who is top dog in TQ and HP.)
Saturday - Track Day (See who truely is the fastest by category.)
Saturday night - the unoffical party night.
Sunday morning - Awards Ceremony and farewell departure.

Chris

I think it would be a great thing to do, and I'd be willing to help any way I can!

The only problem I see, is the same one that always comes up: "Where will it be, and when"?

It always seems like no one wants to drive very far, so everyone want to have it in their own backyard!

BTW: Congrats on the new SC ......

I think if its a ONE time a year full blown event probably late in the summer or early fall (cooler temps) I think people will come. Reason they will come...to be the reigning champ for their class. Another reason to have it late in the season is to allow everyone to get their car dialed in prior to coming.

Thanks,
Chris

Maybe you could use the rule book from NHRA or IHRA, NMRA, WFC for the classes.

And I would like to help get something going.

thanks Randy

Last edited:
I'd be interested......

Probaly best to keep it in the Midwest area, so it's not way to the West or East.

mark

Would a 5 speed be in the stock class? I am all up for the idea also. Location could be contingent on whos signs up and were they are located. I have never raced, but it would be nice only to have to get beat by a SC.

Gary

I'm all for it....and suggest something around mid October in the St. Louis area. I'll be happy to help with planning no matter where we decide to have it.

David

Heads up Match Race

I hope this works out!
I want to Match Race Chris one on one heads up best two out three but needs to be close enough for me to get there time off work and funds

Cool time of year would be best for your cars to perform best once a year Big meet would be so neat here in Calif we only can get a small groupe together for a meet in Backersfield

The first Vegas meet was a blast I took my car to it would be neat to have one bigger and better well planned out good luck on getting this together for us all ;)

If you have a SC challenge race, with an existing sanctioning body, that is already having a race date.
If you could get included in there scheduled race it would save a lot of money.Like WFC or NMRA

If you want to plan on having a 2,3 or4 day race with only SC Thunder Birds.
You may need to pay for.
Track rent,track insurance.
Event insurance.
Ambulance- two.
EMT workers.
Security.
Purse, for the people that win or place.
Trophys,Plaque,ect.
Advertising,Promotions ,to attract vendors, spectators,racers.
Tent rental.
A band for night entertainment.(ZZ TOP)
Umbrella girls in case its a sunny day.
ETC.

Last edited:
Never been to a track, but I'd love to go to a full blown all out SC weekend Mecca kind of deal. Put some faces to names and see what SC's can do. Maybe learn something and give it a shot. Very good idea.

Ok...first things first.

We need to form the committee who will decide everything. That means we need people who are well knowlegded about SC's and have the time to put forth the effort. That would mean having something positive to contribute. I am thinking of a committee consiting of 9 people. I would like to get a list of volunteers who are willing to help. Once we get that underway we can then determine location, fees, legalities, and delegate appropriate tasks to certain other volunteers. So please if you are interested in helping say so. It would mean being at the meet a whole 2 days early. It would mean putting forth a huge amount of time for zero pay. It would mean contributing to the SC community as a whole. Don't volunteer if you are going to have to back out later. I would like to get 9 people who are true SC individuals, that have the organizational skills, self motivated, and truely have something to bring to the plate. So if you meet the above please email me with your "qualification." After a period of 1 week we will have a committe and things should start rolling along then.

Chris

My Email

Good Idea

Perhaps the individual chapters could pitch-in to help sponsor sending thier nominee to race for that year.
I think that if there is a commitment to hold the event at a different spot each year that this would raise a considerable interest.

After reading the other thread ...
Everyone knows there is already an MN12 meet scheduled for Aug in Pueblo CO.http://www.mn12nationals.com/phpBB/index.php & regardless of what people say, this is a very centralized location for all the heavy hitters to come out & play.
Yes, Colorado is high altitude...but everyone still has the same chance at winning a race. wherever its held, after all this would not be for best ET, but for a true fastest class SC match race!

If you guys can't see what I'm saying then the heck with it.
MN12 Nats are always a big crowd show, so many will witness the racing!
If its advertized as the "Big Guns Shoot out"even more will likely come!

I've went as far as East as St Louis, and as far west as Vegas for meets & never regrteted the trips! and raced without a trailer to get my car home, even though I have one!
I put my faith in fellow SCers, as to helping me to get back on the road!
I've dealt with detonation problems everytime I've been to low elevation tracks, and always got it remedied (sometimes with help from others) so I could race.
I'm not even thinking of being top dog but would still race in whatever class I allowed.
Hope you guys can work this out...& we'll be there no matter where its decided to take place

Last edited:
2 Hot 2 Handle, That would save a lot of time & money.wouldnt need to get a track.
Most of the rules would be set up.Sounds like a good idea that Wzenheimer should
consider.

Randy

Arizona or Nevada

Chris & Jim Match Race.
If you all want to see on hell of a Match Race two 11 second Super Coupes than better make it in Arizona or Nevada that is as far as I can go unless someone wants to help me in funds to get there if you make it St. Louis than forget it.

I would like to see us run together Chris or Coy are the only ones that can challenge me Coy is out so leaves Chris so lets make this work for a good show

When I ran Vegas Jim & Fred I beat him with stock short block he said he broke third gear we both know he dident Chris is not like that a true racer thats why I respect him and what he has done

It will be a side by side challenge full power runs best two out of three or what ever we want to do but lets do it I know what it takes to win and I am ready!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Chris make it where I can get there :) and glad you found a Super Coupe so we can continue our Challenge 11 second runs

Don't be a poser Jim... Let's be fair to all.. Continue with a center of the map idea which even's it out for all...

Hey Jim, if you can't make it to far, we are sorry to hear it, perhaps when you save a little money for yourself, try next year. Or see if your Daddy can help?~!

Anyway, as for the committee, Chris great idea. I hope it all works out.

Anthony

When I ran Vegas Jim & Fred I beat him with stock short block he said he broke third gear we both know he dident Chris is not like that a true racer thats why I respect him and what he has done

Did I miss something or did Jim just call Fred a liar?? Jim, how about we keep this thread clean like Chris requested..... I dont really see how that comment helps out in the purpose of this thread at all. Chris, if you want a hand, I volunteer to help out as one of the 9 people you proposed. You know my qualifications already.

Paul

Back