Hot Rod Power Tour anyone? May 30 to June 6

JAFO

Anyone participating or attending? I've never been, but it's running from Nashville, TN to Fort Worth. May be some chances for some SC meets at the same time? It's stopping right here at Jackson, or I might follow it down to N.O. if there's interest. Info as follows:

General Info
Stops and accomodations

Stop #1 Nashville, TN
Friday, May 30
Gaylord Opryland Resort
2802 Opryland Drive
Nashville, TN 37214

Stop #2 Memphis, TN
Saturday, May 31
Desoto Civic Center
Southhaven, MS 38671

Stop #3 Jackson, MS
Sunday, June 1
The Fairgrounds and Coliseum
1207 Mississippi Street
Jackson, MS 39202

Stop #4 New Orleans, LA
Monday, June 2
Fairgrounds Racecourse
1751 Gentilly Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70119

Stop #5 Lake Charles, LA
Tuesday, June 3
Lake Charles Civic Center
900 Lakeshore Drive
Lake Charles, LA 70602

Stop #6 Shreveport, LA
Wednesday, June 4
Red River Raceway
13500 Gilliam Scott Slew Rd
Gilliam, LA 71029

Stop #7 Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Thursday, June 5 and Friday, June 6
The Ball Park at Arlington
1000 Ball Park Way
Arlington, TX 76011

I'll definitely go to it in JXN, since that's right here, but if anyone's interested in a mini-meet at the show here, in Memphis or New Orleans, I might be able to swing that. Put some faces to screen names.

I am interested in attending, however, I will not be in the SC. I am from New Orleans, me and a couple of friends of mine are going to drive to Jackson and drive back to New Orleans with the power tour. We will be in a white 96 Z28 w/chrome SS rims and a red 88 Trans Am. After we get to New Orleans I am going to get my 90 Mercury Cougar and go to the fairgrounds in that. Maybe we can meet up.

Guess I'll just be in JXN. If you see a red '91 with 91 SC on the tag, that'll be me. Probably wearing a gold SC hat.

Tempting...

Im considering it, just sorta depends on the funds situation. I'm thinking of going on the Nashville-Jackson segment if I can go, but we'll see. If Im there I'll be in the XR7 (by the way its black, has a "SUPERCHARGED" windshield banner, and an NMRA tag frame on the rear).
Hopefully I'll see some of you there!

XR7 Dave called me as he was driving in to town. So I went and met him and his family and another man and his Dad from Indianna was there with a 91 SC, I think they said.

Dave brought both the XR7 and the SWB 003. Got lucky and a ride in both. :D :D Finally got to see a SWB in person and looks way better than the pics of anyof them. He has some good mads under the hood of both. :eek: :)

JAFO I will be in Goodman, MS next weekend at a family reunion. But no SC with me.

Back