Good SC mechanic

R

ryan a harris

Good SC mechanic

Can some one please recommend a GOOD SC mechanic.
I'm in oakville and willing travel almost any where for speacilty service. I've had a falling out with my regular mechanic(time should heal that). He thinks my car shoulkd run rough, have wierd noises, get olny 250-300 kms' per tank of gas(with drivng hard)
Has anyone ever heard of DL Motor sports in burlington. My buddy has an '89 supra turbo. He says this guy is great & used to be a ford mechanic.
I know most of you guys do the work your self, I'd like to but just don't know enough.
I'd be willing learn if someone has time(and tools)to teach.

Re: Good SC mechanic

Ah yes the illusive SC mechanice, the vapour man in Ford blue, the wizard of the blown 3.8, the frickin guy that doesn't exist...lol. I'm not being a smart a$$ Ryan, honest, but I have yet to hear of anyone that knows what they are doing. Even my friends at Speedy I would not trust to know what they are doing when it comes to the engine.
Greg Coleman found a young guy at an East end Ford dealership that seems to know what he is doing, if he is still there.
300 clicks out of a tank ain't great, I was PO'd the other day when all I got was about 330K out of 30 bucks worth of 94 Octane and that was all highway. Mind you that was 3 adults and a load of luggage from here to Welland and back.

Maybe the guys out at Ed's dealership in Bolton are pretty good, ask Eddie on Wednesday night.

Warmer weather is on it's way and there's a few of us that would be happy to help you tinker, even me in an apartment has a fairly extensive set of mobile tools...lol.

Thank you Les. Ive booked an appointment with Erinmills ford for Tuesday. I just want them to scan the car. If Greg sees this or is out on Wed. I'll get the guys name and location
and what the hell give him a try.

Ryan, there's a place in Scarborough called G&T Automotive. They always have SC's in the shop and I've seen them going a HG job on one. They know their stuff.

Ryan,

Malcom Kane of "Kane's Performance" has worked on my car and is very knowledgeable. He is right downtown T.O, but close access to the Gardner Expressway from out your end of town.

He has done my motor mounts and plugs and wires once.

I have heard of and been to DL Motorsports, for I live in Burlington. I have not had any work done there but stopped in a chatted with the owner many times and he is actually willing to take the time out of the shop to chat with you for extended periods of time (which I have never been to a mechanic who will do that). He seems very knowledgeable, but he does most of his work on rice. He built a 650hp Civic that ran 10 sec 1/4. Anyways, you should stop by and talk to him, he will be more than happy to answer any of your questions, and if he doesn't know the answer, he won't try to BS you he'll simply tell you he's not sure....clue to honesty.

I personally have my own mechanic...he may not know much about SC engines, but the price is right when he does it on the side...HG change only cost me $500 including parts (machining was extra).

I cant make it wednesday due to a league meeting which is to important to miss.Dam that is going to piss me off. The place to go is Kennedy Ford out at Dorval Rd and the QEW,and ask if Sean is still there,this guy doesn't mind working on the SC"s at all and I might add he put on all my mods and was verry patient with me.And I never had a problem after it was all done.I might phone first and ask if he is still there.

Kennedy is really close to me. I'm going to check that out. Thank you for the help Greg. Sorry that you can't make it on wed.

I'll be there since the ball is only up the street and starts at 7:00 and I'll go back after the meet.

Back