newbie says hello

S

stevexr7sc

newbie says hello

Hey guys. I'm new to the group and thought I'd introduce myself and the car. It's a black 89 cougar xr7 sc. I bought it 5 years ago and dove it hard. Now its time for a rebuild and mods. Currently the motor is out and we are working on the rebuild. I am looking for ovesized pistons to start. Other mods so far are:3.73 gears, removed air scilencer and installed a fresh-air intake, 73mm mas, shift kit, pulley, Jacob's 8mm wires, 42# injectors , 255lph fuel pump and eibach lowering springs. Future mods are headers, exhaust, double intercooler with fan and head work to finish it off. If you guys have any suggestions please feel free (I'm not scared).
Thanks, Steve

Welcome

Welcome to the group Steve. You'll find a great bunch of people here. Obviously your already quite familiar with these supercharged beasts with the mods. Did you say pulley already done, before exhaust? Hope that didn't cause your problems. Best of luck with your re-build.
Probably meet you in person at one of our meets. Steve

Re: Welcome

Thanks Steve
I did the pulley at the same time as the exhaust. The old system was a cat-back from Dynomax. I would love to attend meetings but I'm about 16hrs from the GTA. Do you have any take on new pistons?

Steve

Steve,

I can't help you with any info. regarding the pistons, other than to mention that most people replacing them in these SC motors are using the Ross pistons. You may want to wire a message out to Sebastien Capel (he frequents this board too) to inquire about these.

I'm always glad to see new members joining the club... welcome aboard! This BBS is a great means by which you can share information with a large membership, so that we can all dwell on each others' experiences. I know this board has saved me plenty of headaches.

...16 hrs outside of the GTA? Where exactly are you at?

Best regards,

Sean

TRW makes a piston for the NA 3.8 ford. That piston does fit the SC motor but you have to dish it to lower the compression ratio. That's the only "off the shelf" one I know of. You can get the TRW in overbore sizes.
JE can make a custom piston for you.

Sean, I'm half way between Sault St. Marie and Winnipeg. It's called Thunder Bay, On. Here we are a little isolated from good deals and buys. Most of the mods for the SC's are mail order. Still looking for pistons. Steve

Steve,

Don't feel so bad about living in Thunderbay... I live in Hamilton, just forty minutes from T.O., and if I want anything special for a reasonable price even I have to deal with obtaining it from the GTA, or the U.S.

Cheers,

Sean

Back