BilletFlow pulleys available

Oops, sorry about that. It will have to wait until I return to the office to fix the pictures.

Anyway, they do look nice.

Are these SC only? or will they work on 3.8 N/A and V8's?

And not to sound stupid - but do these replace like the crank or alternator or water pump pulley? Curious about this too since I plan to get underdrives for my 'Bird in the future.

If they'd work on N/A MN12's, I'd be interested in them for my 91.

Thanks
-Andy "Melon"

Last edited:
Duane,

The pictures looked fine to me, please put them back. BTW, nice granite counters.

A few questions...

Are there snap rings holding the bearings in place or a press fit ?

What happened to the slots that were cut into the pulleys you showed on the original pictures ?

Is one side cut at 90 degrees and the other with a curved radius ?

David

Here is that picture:

BilletFlow.jpg

Yeah, what happened to the cool open spots on the pulleys?

Thomas

just a small concern

what is the width of the pullies,

you mentioned that they were 76mm in diameter, which is fine, but what about the width??

also: yeah what happened to the cool open spaces?

might be in for 6

jim

With the assistance of Duane, I have spoken to Billet Flow about making the wider pulleys so they are compatible with the ESM 10 rib kit. Once Duane gets his set installed and tested to work properly, I will move forward with a small group buy on the wider pulleys and make them part of the ESM 10 rib kit.

Paul

Thomas A said:
Yeah, what happened to the cool open spots on the pulleys?

Thomas

Those are the prototypes.

The production ones will have a "milled pocket" (window) but it cannot go all the way through on this pulley because of Design Restrains.

We have to leave the “meat” in there for our bearing retention method.

Hope this helps

The pictures did work for me yesterday. They looked nice and red. They were a solid design and didn't have to slots in them like their bigger tensioners do.

{edit: Oops, helps if I look at the last page of the thread before I post. At least I didn't lie about the picture:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think I'm confused.

The production ones will have a "milled pocket" (window) but it cannot go all the way through on this pulley because of Design Restrains.

So the production ones won't look like the ones in the picture below? Can we see what the production ones will actually look like?

pulleykits.jpg

Dale

Answers

Andy,

These are tensioner pulleys so they should work on any tensioner assembly that uses a 76mm diameter pulley. These are the pulleys that keep tension on the belts.

David,

Thanks, I'm sure your granite counters look just as nice.

No snap rings. There is a set screw that goes down through the top. One of the pictures show it. Looking at the surface where the belt would ride, there is a countersunk set screw in that part.

One side is dished than the other. Some of my pictures show that. I've sent the pictures to Thomas so he should put those up tonight or tomorrow when he gets a chance.

The production ones may not have the cutouts because of the countersunk set screw. I think that's what BilletFlow was trying to say.

It looks like they are about 1 1/8" wide for the belt to ride on.

I'm glad this post came back around to the top of the heap... What is the status on this, I like um.. Like the looks of these..

RJ

Sorry guys.

I have them installed on my car and Micah has one installed on his car. He's doing some testing for me since he drives his car more often than I would. Hopefully, he will comment. BilletFlow wanted them tested before they would market them. Once I hear from Micah, I will contact BilletFlow and then give that information out to everyone (where to get them..etc).

Duane, how dumb is that? How do you test things on cars that do not drive? Micah doesn't drive his car. How bout giving a set to someone who will actually test them for more than 50 miles a year?

Last edited:
I never said I was smart. :p

Well, when I talked to Micah he said it wouldn't be a problem in putting 200 miles on them in about a week and a half. I guess I should have sent them to my friend Sparky. Maybe Micah will send the one he has to you and you can test it. :D

Micah completed his testing and all is well. BilletFlow still wants to rack up the miles on the pulley. The market date will be after our Nationals meet. That way, BilletFlow will know for sure that the pulley will hold up and that you guys are receiving the best quality product for the money.

So, mark your calendar, they will go to market after our Nationals meet.

Back