New Melling High Volume Oilpump for us.

Can we get a part number listing in the part directory?

If this part really is a Hi-Po version of our oil pumps then I couldn't see why any owner wishing to built a bullet proof engine wouldn't want to have one of these doing duty.

Is this M246 Pump even more High volume than the vaunted 94-95 pump which I beleive is a 7-tooth pump???

As noted by Duffy, high G-force handling maneuvers can force the oil against the side of the oil pan and away from the oil pick up screen. Many BMW owners who race their cars at a track will fill up their crankcases with additional oil to compensate for this.

This is also the reason why some racers will weld in baffle plates into their oil pans to keep the majority of the oil centered around the pickup.

Don't forget that extreme acceleration can sling the oil rear ward (IE drag racing).

The 94-95Ford Oil pump was a 8 tooth version and the early models had 7. The Melling pump is reportely using gears 1.258" in length. I do not have a 94-95 pump to measure to state conclusively if the Melling pump does on fact have a larger displacement than the 94-95 Ford version.

Last edited:
Well, I misplaced my calipers, but with a tape measure the 94/95 oil pump gears measure 1.25". Therefore, they appear the same.

M134HV... strange

For a non-existant part #, Melling sure seems to have it in the inventory... with a picture at that....

m134hv.gif

That pic doesn't look like our pump. See the pic in the ad on the first post of the thread, there is a flange for our oil cooler and oil filter to mount directly to the oil pump...

I just noticed you are referring to the 134HV, the 137HV is the advertised, yet apparently nonexistant, superceeded by M246, pump we were discussing.

D'Oh....

So the 1137 isn't going to happen? Then the 246 is the best one for 3.8 Fords?
Anyone interested in trying to put together a GP for these from someone?
I'm in!

Back