Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: What is this for?

  1. #1
    Kirk Bryan Guest

    What is this for?

    Is this for draining the rad?

    Also the threaded hole on the neck of the filler hole is for the overflow correct? Can I just pick up the valve anywhere?

  2. #2
    sbest Guest

    Re: What is this for?

    The petcock is for draining the rad Kirk, the peg fits in a rubber grommet to mount the rad and hold it in location I believe.

    Steve Best

  3. #3
    Kirk Bryan Guest

    Re: What is this for?

    I know what the peg is was the "petcock" that I was unsure about.

    Thanks Steve and welcome to the club. You will like it here. These are a great bunch of guys. Just watch out for that Ed guy...oops, did I type that out loud??? :lol:

  4. #4
    sbest Guest

    Re: What is this for?

    Well, I hope I can be of some help, a lot of grease under these fingernails! I am less than 2 weeks new to the world of SCs and I have the guts of mine spread all over the bench. Who needs a long romance before getting intimate?

    Incidently, Princess Auto has replacement petcocks on sale for about $0.89cdn at the moment. Kind of nice talking Canadianese for a change!

    Steve Best

  5. #5
    fast Ed N Guest

    Re: What is this for?

    That's right Kirk, I heard that most 95 5-speed owners can be real jerkheads !!

    Ed N.
    95 SC 5-speed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts