Drove my SC for the first time in a few weeks !!

F

fast Ed N

Drove my SC for the first time in a few weeks !!

Hi all

As some of you know, I have an 02 Ranger 'Edge' from work to drive now, got that a few weeks ago. I pick up the parts order at the warehouse on my way by in the morning, so they finally gave me a littler trucklet to drive. Anyway, my 95 SC has been sitting up at the dealership since they gave me the Ranger. I've been waiting to get it into the bodyshop in Bolton that does work for us, to have the rear bumper cover fixed up where it got scuffed a year ago, and some other touch-ups. So the Ranger with the 3.0L, 5-speed auto., and 4.10 gears was starting to feel "peppy", and my T-Bird was looking kind of forlorn just sitting there. Looking at the parts order for tomorrow morning, don't have any big stuff to pick up, so I jumped in the SC tonight. MAN !! And I was kinda / sorta thinking about selling the car since I have the Ranger now, and also my 68 Cougar to play with. Not happening !! I almost forgot how nice and how much fun the SC is to drive, even on the winter tires !! I've decided since it's only going to be a weekend car now, I'm going to make it look as sharp as I can afford to for this year. So Sean, Bill, and anyone else who's slaving away on their cars, keep going, it'll be worth it once you get to take it for a spin again :)

cheers
Ed N.

Re: Drove my SC for the first time in a few weeks !!

Thanks, Ed, for those words of encouragement!!! I could really use them right about now. ;)

Sean

Thank soooooooo much for those words of encouragement Ed. I haven't driven my car since Nov 1st, and it wasn't even running right then. Before that, the car hadn't run right since Sep 30th. How's that for SC withdrawl!

I think Ed got a hard-on touching all my SC parts this afternoon. Ain't nothing like Fel-Pros to get a guy going, eh Ed? ;)

My car looks like a late April project at the moment, which is okay I guess, but I won't get to drive it until then, which kills me :mad: Oh well, like Ed said, it is all worth while at the end of the day. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rollin:

Hope everyone stays motivated! :cool:

I gotcha beat..I haven't seen let alone driven my car since Oct 6/01.
It's all wrapped up nice and neat at the airport in a hangar.

Darryl

Yeah, I think I saw your car on Ebay Darryl!

Just kidding ;)

Re: Paging Bill McNeil

Thanks Ed. He's right Fred.

It is now in my profile. Ron has never update my SC page.

Changed wheels

Ed
Your post prompted me to switch back to my summer wheels tonight.
tired of driving on jelly donuts
Cheers

Re: Changed wheels

OH sure Pete, way to go !!!

Now there's a blizzard coming for sure ! :)

BTW it looks like they sold my demo today, now I'm going to get a 4WD Ranger just in time for spring ... aargh !! Oh well, it least it has a 4.0 SOHC V6 in it, a bit more oomph even if it does have extra weight to haul.

cheers
Ed N.

Guys...I had my car away since October and had more headaches than you can imagine with stupid mechanics and dumb part dealers.

Eventually, through the help of Larry Griggs and other ABS people on the board, I got my whole ABS unit out, repaired and back in. And...it all works.

I can't even imagine how big my smile was when I stepped on the gas that first time after and did a nice peel. :) These cars have oodles of torque!

I wanted to sell my car I was sooo pissed off. But...after 4-5 solid offers on the car, I hestitited and decided to wait. Glad I did.

When you get the car back on the road guys, you'll realise it was all worth your while. :)

Steve

I ma glad you've decided to keep it Steve, and I can't wait to see it out this summer. Your's is one of the beauties left!

Thanks Bill.....if you need a hand with yours...I'm close to you...just send me an email.

well, all of you guys who just drove your SC's and had fun in them, i'm a little jealous. I'm driving mine with a busted rod bearing untill i can afford to buy and rebuild a new engine with some minor mods, hopefully by late April, and hopefuly i won't send a piston through my block in the mean time......i can't take it over 2100 RPM or she starts knocking like a jehovas witness.

Back