Help, oil cooler

K

kevin898

Help, oil cooler

So I just got my engine rebuilt and when inspecting the oil cooler I noticed a bunch of metal filings. I phoned Ford for a new one and they wanted something like $450.

My question is has anyone used an after-market oil cooler and scapped the stock. Does anyone know where I could possibly get one in a couple of days (as I live in Alberta)

also

Also where can I get a MAC CAI, haven't seen these for sale anywhere.

Re: also

Kevin, I sell the MAC intakes through the dealership I work at in Ontario, Fines Ford Lincoln. The info is on the SCCoO suppliers link. I can give you a better deal on the oil cooler as well if you don't have any luck finding a used one. Shoot me a message at work next week and I'll get some prices for you.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
parts@finesford.dealeremail.com

Re: also

How much does an oil cooler go for, ball park?

Also, is thi ssomething that often fails and needs replacing, or does it usually last the life of a vehicle? In other words, does Ford make good ones or no?

Re: oil cooler

Bill I had priced one a few days ago for a Windstar, same style as the SC, the sandwich block between the motor and oil filter. It was around $460.00 retail from what I recall. This one was leaking, I think that's about the only failure you might see from one of those.

cheers
Ed N.

Re: oil cooler

I found a lot of rebuilders suggest them if you blow a rod bearing (which I did). The company that did my engine won't warranty it without a NEW oil cooler. I tried cleaning my old one for half an hour. I used varsal, compressed air, a high pressure washer with heat and I could still some how get little fillings out. I guess it's cheaper then another engine.

Back