I found a company that makes aluminum radiators (new info).

K

Kirk Bryan

I found a company that makes aluminum radiators (new info).

Hey Guys,

I found a company in London that makes aluminum rads. I just sent them my old plastic tanked one and they are going to make me a 2 core (each 1" thick) one. The capacity supposedly betters the Griffen. It will have Billet connectors and they do not epoxy their headers. Apparently, Griffen coats their rads with an epoxy, the problem with that is if an epoxied rad ever needs work done again...no can do. It's garbage. The rad will be priced somewhere in the neighbourhood of $600 CAD, compared to the Griffen at $725 USD.

As soon as I get the rad, I will post some pictures before putting it in the car. If we have another mini meet (like December) before I install it, I will bring it to display for the interested.

Re: Radiators

Kirk,

I would be very interested in this when the warm weather comes and I face replacing or recoring my old coroding stock radiator. I am sure many others would like to see these pictures as well. Which one were you at the December mini-meet? Which car I mean? Anyway, keep us updated on this new project, that is a decent price considering recoring the stock version with the plastic tanks is about $300 if I remember correctly.

Thanks,
Bill McNeil.

Yes, I was at the mini-meet. The charcoal grey one. I thought that I had engine mount problems.

Now I remember who you are we froze our a$$es off outside checking out your motor mounts...and smoking...lol.

Yes, I remember you now. When will you have this done?

They just received the radiator this afternoon. They haven't had a chance to look at it yet. They told me that it would take a few days to make. After which, they send it back, I take pictures, I post the link.

They are just breaking into the intercooler market, they should have something soon.

I can't wait to see it. Email me with the pics as well as post them here if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Kirk,

I spoke to the vendor making your rad at Performance World. He said that he has bumped several other orders in an attempt to have yours ready sooner. The guy seems to know what he is talking about, and his price is very reasonable.

Maybe you could bring it to one of our evening meetings once you get it back. Too bad his turn-around time sort of sucks.

FYI

Thanks Bill. I'm sure that their turn-around time will improve after hearing that there are other people that are waiting to see the radiator.

I'll make sure that I will take lots of pictures of it and bring it to one of the mini-meets at least before installing it.

Yay...The rad is completed and it will ship tomorrow morning. 3 weeks. That's not too bad. So when is the next meet? Is there one this Sunday Wayne? I will receive the rad on Friday, so anyone who would like to see it, let me know.

Oh and the cost is $575 + tax + shipping (approx. $40).

Does anybody need my old rad? It has a crack in the center. I'm going to tell them to throw it out unless someone gets back to me soon. It'll cost $40 (for shipping).

We just had a meeting last sunday so this sunday is a little too soon.

The next meeting will be Thursday March 21 (8pm). Location to be announced.

Thursday March 21st (my birthday)??? No, I think I need to have my rad installed before my birthday, so...if anyone would like to see the rad before I install it, send me an email and we can arrange to meet somewhere. If nobody is interested, then I will install it this Friday. So let me know before then.

Kirk, I would love to see it, but far away

Could you post some pics?
Greg

Back