Thread: Front snout bearing replacement on 89 SC...

Front snout bearing replacement on 89 SC...

I decided to replace the snout seal on my backup supercharger and the SC currently on my SC. I took the old seal out once I got the pulley off, and it looked like the idiot who installed the 10% OD pulley decided to use some grease to try to solve the front bearing noise, what an idiot!! Anyhow, I took off the snout completely, and spun the shaft, definetely the bearing making the racket!!

So, two questions, (1) What is the part number for the replacement front bearing in the snout, and.. (2) I noticed that the coupler did not have any kind of spring or anything other than just the nylon coupler. Is this normal for and 89 SC? It seemed to be in good shape, but doesn anyone make a replacement unit either made of metal, an alloy, or nylon (oem)?

Thanks

Phil

Right now i'm rebuilding my super charger. I got the rebuild kit from the guy who wrote this http://pub29.ezboard.com/fthunderbir...picID=91.topic
    This site has all the seals and bearings you need. My advice is that if you are replaing 1 bearing, why not just replace all of them. Peace

Sergio

I have the kit U need E mail me if U want one.

89-90 blowers do have solid drive couplings, so I think your normal.