Southern California Quickest List???

Where at Aaron? Maybe some of us with the itchy throttle feet can meet up with you and work on our times too.

Alex

Looking at the meet at CA Speedway. Only good track around from what I hear. This may even be my only time for a while. I'm broke and can't afford to break anything.

I'm going to have to let go of my claim to fame.

Since the (slow) 35th has gone to AZ, and it looks like the SilverBird is VERY soon to be ready for the "tree", I'm reluctantly relinquishing my title to the "Slowest SC In SCCoSC. :p

Come on Ron, get well! You're needed! ;)

Lee

Long time no talk. What finally got you over the hump John. You were stuck for a while in 13's. I know you should have been in 12's but what was the thing that shoved you over?

Aaron, the mods since mid 13's were larger cone filter and placed in fenderwell out of the heat, 3.5" intake, 85mm TB, Magnaported supercharger, more pulley - about 15%, FMIC, port-matching at the heads. Improving the launch (lots of practice plus good advice) probably made the most difference. I had typically been 2.0 or over for 60' before. Next, I'd say would be the FMIC.

Well, not what I wanted, but better than the 35th.

Silverbird:

14.030 @ 95.03

Now, to get the bigger fuel pump & regulator and fatten up WOT in the file.....

Hey Mike, whatcha' gonna take off yours next to get the next 1/10? :eek: :p

Lee

Quick Not Yet

So. Calif. Raceway 2/28/04

60' 2.37
ET 15.87
MPH 90.84
R-T 0.986

Now if I can get the 1 - 2 shift down I might do better?????

'89 SC black 5sp 122,000 miles

ZR intake, silencer removed, K&N, Magnacore Wires, resonators removed, super turbo mufflers, 190gph fuel pump

Andre

Andre, the poor 60' time accounts for approximately 1/2 second. Your trap speed indicates the car is 15.0x capable in its current state. Tires and a 2.0 or better short time will improve your ET tremendously. What RPM are you dumping the clutch at?

Paul

60' ET's

Paul

I left easy about 1500 sliping the clutch, wheel hop is fierce with higher RPM's not to mention missing second gear twice, made three runs the first I've raced since late '60's with a auto '67 Mustang 390 and a '63 "Galaxy" actualy a custom I believe, built 406 4sp street sliks, too long ago to remember launching.

Andre

Next time around, try dropping the clutch at around 12-1300 and get hard on the gas once you think the car is going to bog. You will probably want to practice this a few times on the street before doing it at the track. Of course, the 1-2 shift isnt helping:D

Paul

LAUNCH

Paul

Thanks for the tip. Won't be able to make this months (20th) meet but will see what happens next month (10th).

Hopefully I'll be getting a Ripper shifter. After sitting in an SC with one I can tell it's the way to go, especialy since mine is so sloppy. Trans rebuilt 2 yrs ago and it was tight but only got that short time out of the stock one.

Thanks

Andre

Lot's of Racing and no updates...?

Send in those times and let's keep this list active and updated?
I notice Manny's post on his signature of his 11 second SC isn't relected on the list. Hmmm.

RonzSC said:
Send in those times and let's keep this list active and updated?
I notice Manny's post on his signature of his 11 second SC isn't relected on the list. Hmmm.
well it said I would be the last sc into the 11,s after everyone is doing 9,s

she is running strong no timeslips on this one . just a work car . ported heads ported blower ported D shaped inlet plenum, 70mm tb "ala'silver bullit"

my overdriven crank pulley, ported exh manifolds soon mac shortys,

makes 14 lbs boost at 5,500 rpms makes 10 lbs at 3,000 rpms
cam sensor turned, air inlet temp sensor pluged and moved to hood scoop ,

thinks air is cooler so timing and fuel curve is richer, seems to work for me in summer tried it on friends sc it pinged like no tomorrow.

190 fuel pump post cut from maf and drilled out 15/32

not much in parts but very quik indeed, butt dyno says WOW! :D

well it said I would be the last sc into the 11,s after everyone is doing 9,s

she is running strong no timeslips on this one . just a work car . ported heads ported blower ported D shaped inlet plenum, 70mm tb "ala'silver bullit"

my overdriven crank pulley, ported exh manifolds soon mac shortys,

makes 14 lbs boost at 5,500 rpms makes 10 lbs at 3,000 rpms
cam sensor turned, air inlet temp sensor pluged and moved to hood scoop ,

thinks air is cooler so timing and fuel curve is richer, seems to work for me in summer tried it on friends sc it pinged like no tomorrow.

190 fuel pump post cut from maf and drilled out 15/32

not much in parts but very quik indeed, butt dyno says WOW! :D

Blah Blah Blah, Manny Last time i saw your SC you were whinning about the timeing being all messed up not to forget the headers you were doing for me got screwed up and yea your little girl still owes me a Buck LOL j/k but your sc was running kinda funny though

yeah timing as in bad cam sensor and yeah my kid got you for a dollar .lol she has $300 in her piggy bank sucker.

I put new cam sensor and replaced the bad coilpack it runs fine now.

infact Im installing the inverted setup for the rest of the year need to run it alot and see if its querk proof . new design so prick when you gonna race me for pinks.

Back