Sc Shootout Update 6-6-03

Wzenheimer

Shootout Sponsor UPDATE 8-2-03

The website for the SC/XR7 Shootout is up and running. It can be found at:

SC/XR7 Shootout Website

Please pre-register as soon as possible. All info will be kept current on that site please check back often.

Edit - Please Scroll to bottom for current Sponsor info.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
Location, Dates and Dyno 6-6-03

The Location will be at St. Louis's Mid America Raceway. Its known to be one of the fastest tracks in the Midwestern area.

The Event will be the weekend of September 27th.

Thursday September 25th will be arrival and regestration sign-in.

Friday September 26th will be morning registration for those who can't get to St. Louis until then, and dyno day.

Saturday September 27th will be drag racing day, followed by a late evening banquet/dinner.

Sunday September 28th will be morning farewell.

The dyno has been reserved for Friday September 26th. It will be limited to 30 cars Maximum. This will not be a dyno-tune session. It will be a competition to see who has the most HP and torque. Costs will be posted at a later time as we are still negotiating.

Chris

Would it be possible to get a list of what will be veiwed as a modification.
air box removal.
cold air pipe.
is a MPII,& MP plenum two modifications or one.
is a SCP exhaust with ported exhaust manifold ,one exhaust mod or two mods.
Is a air box removed,cone filter, MAF,cold air, throttle body,MPII, MP plenum,one induction mod,or7 mods.

modification

As it says in the rules

Any mod that is viewed by the SC Shooutout Tech inspectors to be a performance upgrade (2 must agree.)

So yea that would be 7 mods in my opinion. Hope that clarifies. Also, the stock et challengers race inside of the bracket class and whoever has the best ET's win. So they could get bumped out of the brackets in the first round and still win the challenger class if their ET is the quickest.

Chris

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be lots of informal showing going on, but we're really trying to keep this a performance oriented event.

Chris,
ya had to do it that weekend, oh well, ill be in Bloomington for the 21st annual Bloomington Rendezvous in Bloomington, IL BUT, the actual show is on sunday, if you could get me an exact time schedule i should be able to do both. and if anyone is interested in the all tbird show it can be found HERE

hope to see ya

Keith

That's a good weekend for me. I'd love to attend. The Summit series last race is the weekend before so it doesn't look like I'll have any conflicts. I may want to see about trailering my car up there, though.

Update 6-23-03

I just wanted to keep everyone posted to our progess with the Shootout Event. Hopefully, by this Thursday or Friday the new website for the event will be up. It will include an option to pregreister and pay online via paypal.

The registration will include participation into the event, 1 banquet ticket, and a goody bag. Additional Banquet tickets can be purchased for those bringing a friend or spouse.

The hotel and banquet has been the most difficult to organize as there is a large horseshow going on in St. Louis that weekend as well. We have found a nice hotel with a good rate and banquet room for our event. I can't say today but it will hopefully be finalized by the time the website is back up and running.

Thanks for everyones patience, and I hope to see everyone at the event.

Chris

7/2/03 Event Itinerary

SC/XR7 Shootout Event Itinerary

Thursday September 25th

7:00pm – 9:00pm Arrive at hotel and pickup info packet.

For those arriving on Saturday come to the SC/XR7 Tech Inspection for your information packet. Look for any organizer.

Friday September 26th

8:00am – 8:30am Gather in hotel parking lot. (Look for Event
Organizers)
8:40am Depart Hotel Parking lot for DYNO
9:00am – 5:00pm DYNO COMPETITION
5:00pm DYNO COMPETITION ENDS
5:00pm - ? Break off for dinner plans with friends.

Saturday September 27th

9:00am Gather in Hotel Parking lot for SC/XR7 TECH
INSPECTION.
9:00am – 11:00am SC/XR7 Shootout TECH INSPECTION
11:00am – 12:00 Gather in Parking lot for PRE-RACE
Drivers Meeting.
12:30pm Depart Hotel in Convoy for Mid American Raceway.
1:30pm Arrive Mid-America Raceway for DRAG RACING.
2:00pm Classes Arranged in PIT AREA.
MAR TECH INSPECTION. (YOU MUST BE NHRA LEGAL.)
3:00pm Time Trials/Match RACING BEGINS.
4:30pm ~ 5:00pm Class BREAKDOWN Announced for Modified and Super-Modified
5:30pm Bracket, Modified and Super-Modified Classes Paired up.
6:30pm - ? RACING BEGINS.
8:30pm – 9:30 pm Racing ends…convoy back to hotel.
9:30pm - ? Break off with friends for dinner.

Sunday September 28th

9:30am – 11:00am Breakfeast/Awards Banquet.
11:00am Farewell Departure from a truly amazing event.

It will also be up on the website.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
So it's $35 per car PLUS $20 at the track? What's the $35 pay for? Just curious....

Hopefully I can get everything straightened out by then. Right now my rear wheels feel like they not attached to the suspension (car flops around in turns). But I'll try and be there. Haven't decided if I can afford to tow it or if I'm gonna haveta drive it and pray it doesn't break.

Fitting the Hoosier QT Pro's in the trunk/backseat will take some creative packing too. Car's too loud to drive that far with the back seat down the whole way.

Covers

The $35 covers the banquet for the participant, expenses for all the trophies/plaques to be given away. (There are over 15 awards thus far.)

I hope you can make it Steve...it isn't too far away for ya.

We are also still working on sponsorship so please bear with us.

Chris

Cool. I wasn't b!tchin' about it, just wondered what it was for.

I'll be waiting for the hotel info. I think I am just gonna drive it and pray. If it breaks, I'm sure someone will chip in to help work something out. Either fixing it or storage until I can get it home.

Hopefully by Sept I can afford to get a MP inlet plenum and rent a dyno for a couple hours.

Oh.. BTW Chris, who welded up your intake plenum? Think they'd do one for me too?

Later,
Steve

plenum

I cut all the pieces of the intake plenum (return adapter) myself. I had them welded by a guy at where I work. It was a bitch to get the cross over tube to align. I ended up having to cut it off and redo it. It was something I needed to mock up on the car and tack weld it then finish it later.

I am sure you coudl find someone around there locally to do it for ya.

Chris

hmm that 630 start time is probably going to put me out of this thing all together, i was hopeing for an early morning start time be done by 5 so i can get back to bloomington, but i guess its not looking good for me to be in attendance.

ill see i might still end up going. i dunno.

Steve, there will be at least one truck heading out from Ohio. Transportation of tires, etc. should not be a problem.

Back