headlights not working (need directions)

nutopia

hey everyone..

i'm having the "high beams only" problem on my LX. i went back through the postings and found suggestions to replace the relay and the switch, but i've never dealt with this area of the car, and (quite conveniently) i don't know where my shop manual or haynes manual is because i just moved and most of our stuff is still packed away.
could someone a) tell me what i should replace first and b) give me some decent directions on how to replace it/them? i know this sounds like kind of a demanding post, but my inspection sticker expired on the 31st and without these headlights, i have no chance of skating through inspection. if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-chris

89-93 headlamp switch are no good there is a recall on them i had mine changed for free go to your ford dealer they HAVE to change it for you

when you go back to ford for a recall, do they need any kind of paperwork on the car? cuz i'm not sure what i've got..

or can i just call them up and say "hey, i got a faulty switch, there was a recall on it, i'll drop it off and you can fix 'er up, thanks"

thanks in advance,
-chris

Just give them a call, and have your VIN handy.

They can determine what recalls are still outstanding on your car.

You do not need any paperwork.

if ford won't fix it, it is a 15 dollar part at autozone, and a simple fix. In the mean time do not run your fog lights and the lights will stay on longer.

Back