Group purchase on Ford Motorsport 42 lb injectors

W

Wayne Ing

Group purchase on Ford Motorsport 42 lb injectors

I am looking into a group deal on Ford Motorsport 42 lb injectors. According to the SCCoA, 42's should be good for 420hp on the SC.

The going rate is 399 US for a set of 8.
RCO is matching that at $678 CAN plus taxes = $780 CAN for a set of 8.

I'm pretty sure I can get a better deal than that from another source. I cannot quote pricing yet, but tell me if you might be interested. Ford Motorsport only sells them in sets of 8. If we purchase 3 sets of 8, we can break that up into 4 sets of 6.

sccoo@rogers.com

Re: Group purchase on Ford Motorsport 42 lb injectors

I may be interested in this Wayne, as long as someone will agree to buy my 38s before I commit myself.

I will sell all 8 injectors with the sampling tube included.

I have seen Bosch 42# injectors as low as 299US for 8. You might want to ask at ford how much they want for lightning injectors just to double check that you are really getting a good deal.

Just to let you know stephen crist sells em for $319 usd for 6

Hi Sabby, Thanks for the heads up. Tell me where I can get them for 299 and I'll check it out. I have not seen a price that low yet. We will still have to factor in duty/brokerage/taxes/shipping to get them here.

Just curious Wayne can you get them from ford motor sports of canada? I got my 190lph fuel pump from them and they had it delivered to my work the next day COD

Just a quick check netted 359 for lucas 42's and 379 for bpsch 42's at Muscle motors, they are the ones who had them for 299 on sale one month.

Anyway later today after work or tomorow I'll do a little checking up because I know there are a couple of other sites that have injectors a bit cheaper than muscle motors.

Which would be considered better, Lucas or Bosch?

So Wayne's car will have no more than 420HP?

Ummmm...

Bill, that's up to 420 HP on a 3.8L V6 supercharged motor...

That says nothing about what they'd support in a V8?! ;)

Cheers,

Sean

They will support 600 in a v8.......I heard somewhere.

I personally don't believe there is any difference. If anyone can offer hard proof one is better than the other, I would be glad to check it out.

I remember reading on the TBSCEC that Lucas were rated at a higher pressure than the Bosch so the Bosch actually flowed slightly more fuel at the same pressure. I'd have to agree with wayne though they are both equal.

At the same time for my money I want Bosch, I'm on my second set of 42's now. Also you can run a little higher than 420hp with 42's many have.

And if Wayne is running a 8 with 42's than 600hp is no problem, (420/6)*8=560 now if the motor is N/A than that number goes up by nearly 30%, so big power is no problem.

Guys, I checked the pricing through regular Ford parts channels on the Lightning 42 lb. injectors, don't know who the manufacturer is, but many of the OEM Ford injectors are Bosch. Anyway, list on these $130.00 each. The absolute best deal I can do on a bunch of these without getting myself in trouble is $79.00 each, if I order them on my weekly stock order. The nice thing about getting them from Ford is the we can order any quantity, them come in singles. If that sounds good to anyone, give a shout or send an e-mail at the dealership and I'll get some on the way.

cheers

Ed Nicholson
Fines Ford Lincoln ... 905-857-1252
parts@finesford.dealeremail.com

That is $480 for a set of 6. That sounds a lot better than $780 for 8.

I tried my connection at UAP and they are about $120 each for Lightning units, retail price, no deals.

Bill,

I believe the price Ed quoted did not include tax. That would be $545 for 6 from Ed. Since RCO will match any US price and Sabby saw then for $379, that would make it $741 for 8 from RCO (they were using 1.7 exchange for some reason). That means $555 for 6 from RCO if there are enough people to split them into sets of 6 from RCO. So.....given those prices, Ed is cheaper by $10 for 6 and better since he can provide sets of 6 instead of 8. Just for comparison sakes, a set of 8 would be $726 from Ed.

Ford=$545 for 6.
Ford=$726 for 8.
RCO=$555 for 6.
RCO=$741 for 8.

Remember, the prices thrown here are do not include any group discount yet. Once we have a number of buyers confirmed for a group buy, we can begin to bargain. By looks of it so far, nobody has given a definite "yes" (pending we get a good price). If this group buy is going to happen, I need definite answers and people who are ready to put down some money. It is not looking promising so far.

I expect a minimum group discount of around $50-$100 per set of injectors if we can get 3-5 orders together. I doubt we will get much with 1-2 orders.

So Bill, since you already have a set of 38's, and assuming you can sell them for the price you want, is it worth the difference for you to upgrade to 42's? If we can get 50-100 bucks off of the prices thrown around above, are you in?

I would like to get $300 CAN for the set of 8 38# Lucas injectors that I have if it means we are looking at that much of a discount.

Otherwise, I am still at the power level to which 38# is more than adequate. The upgrade to 42s, however, will need to be made eventually, so I will keep my name on the list pending the sale of my injectors. I will post them for sale on the SCCOO website and see what kind of response I get.

I agree that it does not look promising at this time. Personally, I like the fact that I can go see Ed anytime and get them for $545 when I'm ready to buy.

Jus' happened to trip on this looking up Bill's email, but you guys might want to look into getting Accel injectors. I have the 48's in my car, but they sell 40's too. I'd expect the Accel 40's to flow about the same as the Lucas 42's. Especially if they test them at higher pressure.

I just looked up the Accel 40's (Summit PN ACC-150640) on Summit Racing's site and they're $316 US for 6. And the 48's (ACC-150648 notice a pattern on the PNs?? :) )are $365 for 6 but would require an EEC tuner for sure. They sell them individually and in sets of 8, but the price is pretty much the same for each one.

I'm sure you could find a speed shop somewhere up North that can order Accel stuff and get a volume discount. The Accel's have a nice little feature where they cast the size right into the top of the injector body. So, you'll always know exactly what they are. And they fit right in, they've been on my car for 10K miles already.

Later,
Steve

Back