Question about 94 SC exhaust

chepdog

Ive got 2 94 SC's, they are both bone stock, im going to start to modify my daily driver with only 63,000 miles on it. I know that the exhaust on the 94 and 95's are differ. than the earlier models. Can i get away with removing the o.e. exhaust and installing the Big Dog exhaust with cats. (i live in CA.) and still pass smog. Theres several pieces (exhaust pieces) under the car so i like to do a nice setup. Please advice. Thanks guys.

For the money...

I just don't think that the Big Dog is all that for the money anyway...Chit man you are in Fresno, I know there are some good exh. shops that would cut you a good deal on a mandrel bent exh...I use to live in Kings County man, or "Cowchit County" whatever ya wanna call it...

The 94-95 exh. looked even smaller than what was on my 90SC...When I had it removed I could not believe just how small the tubing was...

Another note...THere was a guy that said he had his Big Dog between 3 & 4 years and it rusted out on him...BUt you are in Central CA, chit just don't rust there so you may be dead happy with it...But if you do what I did...I took pics of the big dog as well as other SCers exh pics that were similar to what I wanted to achieve, printed them out and took them to the exh shops asking for a quote...

later

Brad

I went to a local parts house & bought straight through cats, Magnaflow resonator, & Magnaflow mufflers. I then went to a shop & got the pipes bent & installed. Total cost was under $600. The Magnaflows are a little bit louder than I wanted, but I dropped 2lbs off my boost gauge at full throttle.

Many different SC'ers have tried many different approaches to replacement exhaust systems on these cars.

It depends a lot on what you want... Some guys like it loud, and some would rather keep that stock sound but improve flow (to prolong HG life).

When I did my system, I aimed for as close as I could get to stock sound at idle, or under non-boost conditions, but I wanted an authoritative sound when I got on the throttle.

Here's a link to a thread with pics and info on what I'm running:

Sean's Exhaust Pics/Info

I still haven't gotten around to capturing some sound bites. I wish I had something like that to share with you also.

Best regards,

Sean

300USD at a custom muffler shop. Cats back 2½".......

Calvin

Exhaust2a.jpg

Back