Damnit I need help!!!!!

drak347

Okay, doing the whole white gauge face thing when, most unfortunately, I encountereed...not one, but two big problems. (yes I'm pissed) First, the tachometer upon reinstalation ceased to work. Now I've taken the gauge column out many a time and never has tach not worked after putting it all back together. I'm clueless! Also, while removing the speedos needle with a fork, the little metal pin that the gauge sits on snapped off. My question here is is there a way to fix that or am I just SOL and have to buy a new speedo that I don't really have money for? Any help WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thanks,
Dan

Speedo Needle Is Glued On

After destroying my original speedo, i realized that the right way to do it is to slice the old guage face near the odometer and peel it off with out removing the needle,keeping in mind the needle shaft is very delicate.with the white set i purchased, the centre hole for the speedo had a wide enough hole to carefully slip the new face over top. Careful not to break the rear tab when sliding it all the way on.as this requires a bit of patience it seemed the best way to keep the speedo working.

if you have the ones from procarparts.com they should just go over the original faces. but as for your problem, you will probably need a new speedo. start looking on ebay and the parts for sale. as for your tach, make sure that the needle is lined up on the pin. i don't know why the tach wouldn't be working all of a sudden. good luck

Back