Dyno Day 7/19 @ 9:00

John Shelton

Our July event is scheduled to be a dyno day, so...

Who's interested? Danny Swanson of Swanson Performance in Torrance (where we went last November) will give us a good deal if we can make it worth his while for a Saturday. Last year his rates for 3 pulls were $75 (with wideband O2 readings) and $55 without (he normally charges $125 and $85). We had about 8 cars, as I remember.

When: July 19 @ 9 am
(info added 7/6)

The more cars he can do, the lower our rate, so feel free to invite friends & their cars.

Please respond indicating number of cars and if you want WBO2 readings. I'll keep the list here.

So far:
al35thsc - yes, w/WBO2
Kris Campos - yes, WBO2?
Matt - maybe, WBO2?
35th SC - yes, w/WBO2
RonzSC - yes, w/o WBO2
Coast ot Coast SC - yes, w/o WBO2
srsc - yes, w/WBO2

More info:

Swanson Performance
22414 S. Normandie, Suite H
Torrance, CA 90502
310-787-7800

Anyone wanting WBO2 readings will need a properly sized and located bung consistent with Danny's probe. He has a deal with Speedway Muffler nearby, which quickly installs them to his specs for $25.

Speedway Muffler (Wayne)
15246 Crenshaw
Gardena
310-323-1322

Last edited:
Count me in :) I should be able to scrounge up some $ by then. Also, John, do you think he can burn chips for the SC's? Or is he strictly a mustang guy?

Alex

what up

count me in guys, and i think matt will want to test out his car also. and al, our cat's name, is socks.
-kris

Chips?

Al, I don't think he can do chips for SCs, but give him a call and let us know.

Another option would be to get the WBO2 data, send all your results to Brian (93 Mark VIII) http://www.apten-us.com and have him burn one for you.

Thanks John, I'll give him a holler. Definitely with the wideband, I need to know just how rich and then lean this thing is getting :D.

Kris,
My cats breath smells like catfood.

Alex

I'm in for w/O2 IF....

Mike can find enough time to put the SilverBird together, and I can put enough miles on it. :rolleyes:

No criticism of Mike or my endurance (or lack there of). It's just that life's an adventure. You just never know what's gonna happen. :confused: And most of it has over the last 3 yrs! :(

Lee

Last edited:
I KNOW Mike has more than enough time to finish that silver bird up. Does he have the parts yet??? I've been antsy to go help him out :) Damn one week off and nothing to do. Well I do work. Oh, and yesterday I put on a Borla cat back on a friends Z28 (Mike, it was clampable, so I did it myself :) the stocker was clamped too. If it leaks, it will go to your house for sealing with the welder). Also been breaking stuff on my car :( oh well.

Alex

Anyone wanting WBO2 readings will need a properly sized and located bung consistent with Danny's probe.

::quickly diverting attention away from that obscenity:::

if my motor is done, i will surely get on that dyno. But... until then, count me OUT. i probably won't know until the night before that i'm throwing it together =\ also, mike... i sent you a PM to get your address

Hey Mike....

You've got a full time daily job and full time, active family life. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective.

In MY current circumstances, I've got a lot of time, and little productive I can do. Work has been scarce, and staring at a computer screen, making smarta$$'d comments doesn't count. :rolleyes:

Lee

Sure...

Count me in (no last minute trips to Catalina this time)...no WBO2 for me...not much I could do about a lean condition except park it and that will not be a viable option. I'm outta here 7/24-8/14 so if the date is pushed back another weekend I'll have to bow out (not so gracefully).

Anthony

I might be able to make it

Hmmm the 19th. I am pretty sure i can make it, but it would be until after 3 p.m. I dunno how long u guys plan on being there. We'll see what happens...

I believe last time we were out of there by 1, at the latest...maybe we can push our appointment time back a bit?

Seeing as though we have only a few people I'm inviting people over from West Coast Fords and maybe So Cal stangs to help us still get the discount.

Alex

I'm in - first time.

I'm considering some mods to my '95 sc that I've read about on the SCCOA site and it sounds like the timing & location of this event is provident. I'll be establishing a baseline for my stock automatic on the 19th (thanks, John).

A few questions:

Should I do the WBO2 for baseline purposes, too? If so, put me down for w/WBO2.

If you recommend WBO2, can I get the bung attached on the 19th as well, or should that be done prior? Do I need to make an appointment for it?

When can/should I arrive? Earlier is good for me as I need to be done by noon or so.

I look forward to meeting some local SC enthusiasts - I'll be joining SCCOA when the opportunity reopens on the 8th.

And a thank you to John for explaining to me what this event is all about.

Randy

------------------------------------------
'95 SC auto, stock (so far)
'63 Sports Roadster

srsc,
I would suggest running on the dyno with the WBO2. The information it provides is very valuable. I doubt that you could get the bung welded in on the same day but it doesn't hurt to call. I had a local exhaust shop do mine for a nominal charge (about $13 if I remember correctly). I'll post a picture of the location of my O2 sensor bung later today for reference.

Edit: Welcome to the group!

Mike

Back