Michigan

SCCOA5

Auto Lab
36251 5 Mile Road
Livonia, MI
(734) 432-6000

Mechanic: Jasen Richards

To those SC-ers in the Detroit, Mi. area looking for a rare breed, a mechanic that knows thundbird SC's, I recommend Jasen Richards, owner of Auto Lab and his crew. Jasen is a hot rodder at heart, presently tubbing his built 347 Mustang. He is also replaceing the front suspension, frame and all, on a slammed 1950 Mercury lead sled which got to close to a raised man hole. He has corrected work previously poor done on my SC, and has the equipment to do the job. And by the way, they also work on all the other brand "X"'s, both foreign and domestic.

Leboeuf's Auto Service
Battle Creek, Michigan
616-660-2901

Mechanic: Darby McMillon

Wanted to let Michigan people know of a mechanic that has been very thorough on my 91' SC and deserves recognition. I was very happy with the service and the price. Darby McMillon is the mechanic you want to talk to. Darby was able to research a problem that I had that the local Ford dealership had no clue with (surprise). Darby is very knowledgeable on other vehicles also.

Submitted by Todd Toohey (dakotaflstf)
Email: ttoohey@attbi.com

Just wanted to let folks know, Jasen and his guys are great. Fair pricing, timely repairs, nice facility all make his shop a place I will bring my SC back for whatever services it will require in the future.

Jansen, thanks for the super service. If there is something you think I might be able to help you with, just let me know. I will do my best to help you out.

Todd H.

john essa

im not sure if thats the correct spelling he runs Johnney on the Spot Diagnostics
he did a fantastic job on my headgaskets and he also went over the whole engine making sure everything was correct hes worked on several of these cars and knew more then i did about them
1-313-350-8600

Last edited:
Derek Goch

He works at Schroeder Ford (formerly Classic Ford and Best Ford) on Pipestone Ave. in Benton Harbor MI. He owns a real 2000 SVT Cobra R. He has done work on many of the local guys SC's. He rebuilt my trans and rear end, installed my new suspension bushings, ball joints, tie rods, shocks, lowering springs, fuel pump, exhuast, etc... He does it all, trans, head gaskets, gear swaps. He will also install parts you bring him and all you pay is labor. He may be able to work something out with you for his "free-time".

(269-925-2011) ask for service, and then ask for Derek.

Benton Harbor, MI 49022. I believe its exit 31 off I-94.

As long as he likes you,he'll work on your car....just don't make him mad...too tempermental in my book...maybe that's why my SC has flown the coop???

blkthndr said:
Leboeuf's Auto Service
Battle Creek, Michigan
616-660-2901

Mechanic: Darby McMillon

Wanted to let Michigan people know of a mechanic that has been very thorough on my 91' SC and deserves recognition. I was very happy with the service and the price. Darby McMillon is the mechanic you want to talk to. Darby was able to research a problem that I had that the local Ford dealership had no clue with (surprise). Darby is very knowledgeable on other vehicles also.

Submitted by Todd Toohey (dakotaflstf)
Email: ttoohey@attbi.com

I dealt personally with Darby and can vouch for his knowledge. Unfortunately LeBoeuf's has gone out of business. My delivery driver knows where he lives so I can probably get you in touch if you want.

Roy O'brien Ford Of S.c.s Michigan Seems To Have Great People Working There. Don In The Driveability Department Is A Real Genious, The Guy Never Stops Thinking. Do Great Work And The Service Manager Is Very Knowledgeable Also.

Auto Lab
36251 5 Mile Road
Livonia, MI
(734) 432-6000

Mechanic: Jasen Richards

To those SC-ers in the Detroit, Mi. area looking for a rare breed, a mechanic that knows thundbird SC's, I recommend Jasen Richards, owner of Auto Lab and his crew. Jasen is a hot rodder at heart, presently tubbing his built 347 Mustang. He is also replaceing the front suspension, frame and all, on a slammed 1950 Mercury lead sled which got to close to a raised man hole. He has corrected work previously poor done on my SC, and has the equipment to do the job. And by the way, they also work on all the other brand "X"'s, both foreign and domestic.

I live in Saint Clair Shores, MI and I am still learning about my tbird sc.

Back