Center Cap Inserts

007_SuperCoupe

Does anyone know where you can get inserts for the center caps. The only place that I can find is Bob White Decals, but I can't tell for sure if they are what I'm looking for or not. I saw on another T-bird recently that the center caps had thunderbird stickers in them. They were not a solid color, but the "emblem" as it is on the hood/front "grill". I hope I made that clear as mud. Anyway, I'm trying to find those. Any help in locating a vendor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sam, I could be wrong but I think the tbird center caps with those raised plastic emblems are from non SC's. Those conter caps have a different diameter than the SC's. My LX had those. But you made me wonder if you couldn't gently remove those LX inserts in heat and with a small thin blade and glue them to the SC centers. I believe the center areas are the same size. Just a thought. I have Bob White's center decals in reflective blue in my centers on the 35th. They are simple thin vinyl appligues.

Have a great week all.

I have to correct you Lance. :)

In '94/95, the SC's had the piece he's talking about. '93 and older had the indent, but not the puffy sticker with the logo.

I have not seen anywhere you can buy the stickers.

Dale

Yep you got to buy the 94-95 center cap to get em and im not sure if they are still avilable.

AHHH. Thanks Dale. I just couldn't remember for sure. I know my 95 had those inserts so that explains that. I had thought about getting some regular aluminum center SC caps, paint them black, and then use the other inserts in the center if I were going to run the black wheels as a daily driver. Dale, are the center areas the same size for those 95 inserts and the blank areas in the aluminum sc caps?

A great week all.

Thanks for the info, guys. I do have to echo Lance's question though. Are the caps interchangeable? It was a '94 SC that I saw them on last week and I liked it. I just thought it'd add something to mine until I get the $$ to get the wheels I want.

You might get ahold of Todd Jelle. He does a lot of custom decal stuff like that. That is who I got my SC center caps from. If you need his e-mail, I might be able to dig it up.

Thomas

you can get the 'puffy' logo sticker from ford, there like 4 bucks each if i remember correctly. i checked on getting centercaps about 2 years ago for my 96 sport (same rim as the 93-95 sc they just have open lug centercaps) anyway i went to the dealer to get a price, they wanted like 26.xx for each cap plus the sticker.

interchangable caps, the early 89-92 sc rims are the oddball rims, most all other ford caps will fit on the 93-95 sc rims and 96-7 sport rims, ive had the mustang 5star pony rim caps on my rims, the 10 hole ford logo cap on my rim, the cobra 96-7 cap on my rim, there are alot of interchanable stuff out there, the fan style LX rims the cap on thoes will fit the 93-95 sc rim no problems, thats what i ended up getting is a set of lx caps changed my lugnuts over to a regular lugnut not a chrome caped type.

Checked at Ford today and they say that you can't get the "sticker" but have to get the center cap (and the sticker comes with it). So, unless someone can provide me with a part # for them, I guess I'll need that email, Thomas. Thanks.

If you're not dead set on putting the puffy sticker thing on, you can get vinyl to fill in that center bird for very cheap.

Since the bird is inset, all you have to do is put vinyl over it, sqeegee out the air bubbles, and run an exacto knife around the edges.

I did this with black vinyl, didnt need to have it cut at all. Try going to a sign shop and as for about a 4" X 6" scrap of black vinyl.

Looks really good on mine, i dont have a pic though.

ill check on saturday for the part im going to be at a car show all day at a ford dealer, i think they are open for a little while in the morning if they are ill ask them. and ill get the part number. but i swear they had them separate. either that or they had them with and without and the difference was 4 dollars or something. ill let ya know over the weekend.

aright i guess since the last time i checked into this things have changed. but i was at the dealer today and the caps with the sticker are 27 and change and the caps without the sticker are, get this, 33 and change. why they are more ill never know.

Back