Cruise control Problems Pt 2

91 XR7

Okay.. now i'm getting alittle bit peed off with my cruise control...

Did the full Test in the shop manual.. everything comes into spec...

NOW for the sheer plessure i tried another Servo (no go there), ANOTHER (3rd one) `ampifier' (module) and even another set of buttons.. still did not work...

I do have Vacuum at the Servo.. the Vacuum dump valve is hold Vacuum... All the brake lights work.. the clutch switch is working.. the Speedo signal is good... Buttons work...

<Argh>

NOW the only thing that i have YET to replace, even thou they looked good... is the contacts behind the steering wheel...

I forget who was helping me before... but have any other ideas?? :)

Also to add to the hell... the drivers seat is acting up... <sigh>

a little more investigtion i found that...

with everything plugged in... I would get like 7.4 Volts (?) at the Light Blue w/ Black wire... even after i press the `off' button...

then then there was voltage with the key off, at the White w/ pink wire and the Light Blue and Black wire (of @4.5 Volts)

So i unplugged the connections.. and checked all the `6 postition plug) for voltage.. none had it... So i decided to check the 8 Postion plug.. Well i got Batt voltage on the Brown w/ Light green wire... So i unplugged the Servo then the voltage jumped to the Yellow w/ Red wire... all the others where flucturating.. (Just wouldn't get a Solid reading it was everywhere :) )

BUT the resistences are okay when checked.. Well there's no true test messurements.. But between the Purple/Light blue an dthe Brown/Light Green it was like 43,000ohms (50,000ohms by the shop manual diagram) and the between the Yellow/red and the two others (Br/Lg And P/Lb) the resistence seems about in the middle...

So i'm thinking it's that 12Volts that is leaking in some how that may be the cuase of the whole thing not working... Now it's just a `where to start looking' kinda thing... with so many wires, and not to easy of a way to get at most of them..

NOW where was that Connector `C103' again... maybe unpluigging it will give and idea what side of the firewall to start looking..

not sure if it'll help

but I saw either in here or on TCCOA about MN12's shorting out cruise control lines along the driver's side fender or something.

Mine has been dead in my 5.0 Sport since I got it and one SC XR7 I had, but I never bothered to check as these MN12's have plenty of other fun "come fix me next" games it likes to play.

Jesse

Well cruise i kinda want/need.. Depending on how things go (like they ever go good for me) i'll be doign some long road trips this summer and cruise control would be a sweet thing to have :)

don't I know it...

try driving coast to coast NJ-CA and back with NO cruise!!

And I wonder why my knees and back hurt!!:rolleyes:

hey I PM'd you on TCCO about the tranny swap

Well i'll be starting at like Vancouver Canada and going to Cali and/or Florida.. florida the quickest route (54 hours) is like 11,000kms return (7,000miles?)

Hmm okie dokie... i'll check it out on TCCoA.. usually i don't check my PM's there :)

Back