need a master cyl.

Killer SC

hey guys, I'm gonna be selling the car but to do so I need to have it working right, I just need a master cyl. I was informed by my mech that he couldn't find a replacement and that ford no longer makes the individual parts to rebuild it, so if anyone has one or knows a good wreckers that would be very helpful.

I'm gonna miss the car, the power, and everyone here...but I won't miss having to repair and fix the car every other day, so I'm off looking for a new car, you'll all hate me if I tell you what I'm gonna buy so I won't, but it has 4 cyl, is small, and has a full warrenty!! and 45 mpg!!!

but anyways it's been fun and I may come back one day.

if anyone can help me out with the master cyl that would be great

thx
Al

Sorry to hear it Al, but hey a man has to do what a man has to do right? If you see me up your way, race me and I'll let you win!! LOL All kidding aside check with Jamie (High Octane) on the master cylinder he's parting his wreck. Not sure if he still has it but it won't hurt to try. Anyway take it easy, thanks again for the gauges, and stop by the board to say hey once in a while!!:D

Alex,

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to sell the car.

Are you sure you need the whole ABS brake hydraulic unit? I thought you were figuring you needed just an accumulator. That should be something you can get for a reasonable price, without having to replace the whole brake unit.

Best regards,

Sean

I have one. I have the whole assembly, if you need. Email me, we can talk.

Sorry to hear you will be selling the SC, let the next person know about the club too. Good luck with the 45mpg;)

sean: yeah I need an accumulator but it's not that bad. I need to replace the master cyl b/c of my clutch, may'be I have my parts mixed up but I don't think so.

The problem is that I have lost pressure in my clutch pedal again, and everything in my clutch is new except the master cyl, I sent it into the mech and he said my master is gone (I pretty much figured that b4 I sent it in) I have no idea what a master cyl looks like or where it is located, I do however kinda know what it does so that's how I knew that's what went. My mech is all ready to put in a working one so I just have to track one down.

does the master cyl have something to do with the brakes as well as the clutch?

Ryan: you've got a PM!

thx
Al

Ahhhh! It's all getting clearer now...

You need an accumulator to resolve the problem with your ABS braking system, and you need a hydraulic clutch master cylinder to fix the issue with the clutch.

I used to have a spare hydraulic clutch master cylinder from that parts car I had, but I may have given it to Peter Roy for his project of putting an SC motor into his '71 'Stang. I'll have to check, and perhaps if Peter reads this post, he can check too.

...I think your best way of getting a new accumulator is to order a remanufactured one from PriorReman.

Best regards,

Sean

well Sean I hope everyone reads your post and not mine, may'be then I'll get what I need:D

how much would one of those go for?

Back